1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on SportsRadio 610 at 8:30 a.m (and Tiger at 10:00am)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lonestar, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

right, you hear it right

I thought it was 8:30AM ET coz i live at ET time zone. but then realized that it's 9:30AM ET

http://www.sportsradio610.com/
    click the top right corner to listen online

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

So, 610 at 8:30 and 790 at 9:30? Hmmm. Popular guy today, eh? :cool:

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The one day of our lives I would not want to be Tiger.

4. Convictedstupid

5. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Recap

Host: congrats, get any sleep last night?

DM: no sleep, no. we're all sick today, we managed to get the entire staff sick.

Host: are you ok?

DM: gonna quarantine ourselves from the players obviously, but we'll be just fine.

Host: will we get to see Kevin Martin tomorrow? if so how many minutes?

DM: gotta clear the deal first, its a complex deal so that may not be done in time to get him into the game. if it does get cleared and he can suit up, his minutes will be up to coach.

Host: how hard was it to get the deal done?

DM: its really difficult, you gotta have a lot of balls in the air with many different options and many different teams so that there's always a fallback option, because with so many moving parts things can unravel quickly.

Host: i know you cant comment on other team's players directly that you didn't trade for, but with all the rumors I have to ask about certain deals that didn't happen? (amare)

DM: well, every player is offered to every team this time of year. but with a lot of potential deals you just do the flashy thing from "men in black" and just try to forget about it.

Host: if tyreke evans hadnt developed so quickly, this deal might not have gotten done right?

DM: yeah, they are going young over there and that made martin available for the first time. they had a very high price, and i can vouch for that since weve been trying to get him for a long time and he hasn't been available.

Host: how do the guys we got fit in?

DM: martin is easy especially with how coach likes to run offense. he is very complete offensively, can get to the line, etc. hes familiar with coach too. jordan is a young prospect that has a chance, we try to bring in as many guys as possible with talent, sometimes it works sometimes not. we think he's a good bet, good skillset if he develops.

Host: at the press conference yesterday you mentioned that you were excited that you were able to do this trade and still keep some sign and trade possibilities open for this offseason

DM: yes, although we like our team even if we dont do anything later. we felt like our ability to acquire the top tier offseason guys was low, so the best bet was to go after a guy we wanted now in martin. but yeah, if the opportunity comes up, we are better positioned now than we were before this trade. sometimes guys become available that you didn't expect and its always good to be well positioned to get them. that's what happened with ariza in the offseason and he had been a target of ours for some time.

Host: last question, do you plan to extend Yao this summer or wait?

DM: we prefer to keep that internal, but obviously we'll have an announcement whenever that happens.

4 people like this.
  6. Trackball

Trackball Member

Reminds me of when Clyde Drexler was traded here. He was in uniform and on the bench for a game against the Hornets (I think), but could not legally enter the game until the trade had final approval from the league--which finally happened at halftime. It wound up being Clyde's only game as a Rocket where he did not start.

7. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

Thanks for the recap.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Thanks a lot for recap.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This makes me wonder if Yao will be around or if we will try to move him. Morey was open about re-signing Scola and Lowry, why not Yao? Interesting....

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It would be nice to know if Yao can play at all before you commit.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He mentioned the re-signing of Scola and Lowry pushing us into luxury tax territory, which implies that Yao will be there (since we wouldn't be in LT territory without his contract).

No way we move him this summer- there will be no market for a guy that hasn't played in a year.

12. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

just as an fyi - i had to do the recap real-time (and my fingers arent as fast as DD's) so a lot of it is paraphrased. when they post the podcast someone may want to run back through it and retype some of the detail that I missed along the way. it was a really short call so it won't take much time.