1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on Harden not giving up the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 25, 2016.

1. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

The point is that Dwight Howard is the cancer of this team.

2015-2016 Houston Rockets

With Dwight : 28-33

Without Dwight : 7-4

We are above .600 without Dwight, and .460 with him playing.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Classic. Goes away from the original point yet again. Lawson to Dwight LOLLLLL

3. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Wake.up.dude.

We are playing better without Dwight.

Dwight Howard is the cancer of this team.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS THE PROBLEM.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hey harden wanted Lawson here

Oh Dwight's a cancer. Hahahha

5. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Hey, Morey wanted Lawson here and asked for Harden's opinion.

And yes, DWIGHT HOWARD IS THE CANCER

because we are playing better without him. Plain and simple.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

My point is that not that he's not got individually - he's a rare individual talent. It's that nobody around him benefits from his elite play, unlike Curry for example. And his assists are misleading for many reasons.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You have got to be ****ing kidding me...

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yup, this is it, this is the one.

The single dumbest thing I have ever read.

9. basketballholic

HTownRock,

3 strikes, you're out. Ignore triggered.

10. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Dwight Howard is the cancer, and you know it.

Wake.up.dude.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why do you keep making it about Dwight? Dwight is pretty much gone - that's a forgone conclusion...

As to whether Harden wanted lawson or Morey asked Harden's opinion - none of y'all were in the room...

12. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

He is not gone yet, and he's mere presence is hurting us right now

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Actually, I just don't like his beard. I think it's really ugly and I can't imagine what kind of stuff gets stuck in there. I also bet it would make haren play better if he had a clean chin. He would be lighter.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The ball should be in Harden's hands most of the time. This get Harden off-the-ball push has always been stupid. Bev is the perfect type of guard to put next to Harden. I think Lowry would have been the best possible solution/compromise to put next to him - we saw him function at a high level in Adelman's share the ball scheme. I think he would have been great with JH and actually wanted to be here. If only we would have made him an offer/not told him to wait on Melo's decision.

However, let's not over-inflate the relevance of Harden's assist numbers. He gets a lot of assists because he handles the ball a lot. Just like McGrady. In fact he plays a lot like McGrady, except for the fact that he's WAY more efficient than McGrady ever was. If his efficiency ever dips, then we can talk about bringing in another ball-handler. Until that time people should focus on actual problems with the team, like say, oh I don't know, maybe defense?

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The thing is, Harden has said he can't give the effort on D because of his offensive output... so logically, let someone else bring it up and let Harden get a breather before going to work...

Defense will be addressed with a new coach... JB sucks...

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol this is hilarious, you just turned it from being skeptical regarding your point... to not taking anything you say seriously now. Calling long time fans DOFs shows them you're full of crap.

Playing better without Harden is irrelevant, look at our record. A brooks/martin team was better than this. If we're a 9th seed with him and dead last without it doesn't freaking matter.

Btw, I think the point is that you're the player only fan here. Dwight is gone and I'll still be a rockets fan...but you're leaping through some serious hoops here to justify Harden's issues.

1 person likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I've been saying that for a while, a good sharp shooting PG is all you need if you're gonna make Harden the primary ball handler. In regards to defense, the entire team is at fault now but the decline coincided with Harden's piss poor effort at the beginning of the season. He's not the only problem, defense requires 5 guys to be knit together with communication at all times, but him improving in that regard would go a long way just like it did last year.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Dude, whats happening to us now is irrelevant, don't tell me you're in the group of special people that wants a 1st round spanking as the 8th seed because it'll make houston more attractive as a FA destination. The rockets are where they are, its about the future and Dwight isn't in the picture. They need to lose and get as high of a pick as they can. If they did it 3 months ago like I said back then, they'd be on a pretty good track for a top 5.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You have enough of being owned?

20. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

lol, by that logic MJ, Kobe, D-Wade,T-Mac, Iverson were all scrubs 'cause they all once had mediocre seasons too.

All current elite teams have at least two or three all-star caliber players on their roster. remind me, HOW MANY DO WE HAVE?

Your Dwight apologetics is just pathetic at this point