1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on Harden not giving up the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 25, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Oh well yeah that actually makes sense. I thought people were going crazy for a second. Im all for calling a player out for bad play when it makes sense. The selfish angle just doesn't work and seems desperate.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is a bold face lie, lol. What a ****ty poster you are now wow. Lawson was ass dude he was given the ball plenty and did nothing or just gave it back, lol. I thought you had a point to all this and it's clear you are either delusional or a real bad hater. I see you grasping at straws but the question is why?

4. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Hey delusional DOF,

for the last time, Lawson sucked EVEN WHEN HARDEN WAS NOT ON THE FLOOR. Your argument would make sense if Lawson played much better without Harden, but that's not the case so just shut up, OK? (and is still sucking on an another team BTW)

And nobody cares who you really are. All I know is that you like to come to Dwight's defense by placing all the blame on Harden, and even a third grader can see that.

Let me repeat : Dwight has below-average post up game, and most of his points come from lobs and put back dunks, so giving him more possession simply doesn't make sense, just as letting DeAndre Jordan take 30 shots a game doesn't make sense because he leads the league in FG%.

Do you even realize Kobe, D-Wade, T-Mac, and Iverson all had mediocre seasons (around .500 winning percentages) in their career when there were not enough supporting casts to help him? Do you even realize MJ and Hakeem had to go through that stage?

And you have still not answered my question. Why is it that all our team production go down (and I mean just tank) when Harden is out of the game, and goes back to normal when Harden plays? If Harden is the main reason we suck this year, shouldn't we play much better when Harden is not on the floor? And in fact do you know which player has that exact effect? DWIGHT FREAKIN' HOWARD.

Dwight is the cancer of this team. Dwight is the one who's earning $22 mil this year without providing nothing of value for us, and is essentially dragging us all down with his ugly offense and lazy deteriorating defense.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS THE PROBLEM.

5. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

keep #bearding james

why not show the other free agents who they can be playing with next year?

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

obviously folks see things different... basketballholic made great points - but he's met with denial.

Let me ask you this - WHAT does James do that DOESN'T help his stat line?

manning up on defense? Boxing out? Setting picks? etc... What are the 'intangibles' (things that someone like Battier used to bring to the success of the team) that harden delivers? He's a STAT PADDER! How can you guys not see that? It's so freaking obvious!

He'll pass the ball - if he' thinks he'll get an assist. I thought he was gonna have a coronary the other night when he passed the ball to Bev under the basket who then tossed it back to Ariza for a slam - lol!

I believe thiat's why he gets so many turnovers. He's not willing to pass the ball around the perimeter. He wants to send a laser between two defenders at the rim for the assist...

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The fact you are mad at Harden for passing the ball because he thinks the person he gives it to will make a shot is beyond perplexing. Honestly Im starting to doubt your sanity on this subject.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm talkng about willingness to give up the ball and work it around the perimeter til you get a mismatch, a defensive breakdown or an open look - regardless of getting credit for the assist. Why are you having such a problem wrapping your brain around the concept?

9. basketballholic

Who wanted Lawson on this team? Harden

Yeah, he was terrible. We got him because Harden wanted him. You can argue all you want that Harden gave him the ball. The game videos are all out there. And even if you were correct on that point (you ain't).....................we traded for Lawson and gave up a first rounder because HARDEN WANTED HIM!!!

The failure that is Ty Lawson is on Harden (and by extension Morey).

Harden is not a good judge of character.

Who wanted Lawson on this team? Harden....................and......you.

Once again, who wanted Lawson on this team???? Harden.

The disaster that is this season is on Harden.

You must be a BOF. You know, Brewer only fan. You like Brewer shooting 28%??

The disaster that is this season is on Harden.

TMac and Iverson never won a championship.

Kobe left at least 2 championships on the table because he didn't want to play with Shaq.

DWade didn't have anybody to play with him when he was losing badly.

Hakeem basically fired Sleepy Floyd single-handedly. Do you even know who Sleepy Floyd is....without googling him??? Sleepy Floyd was a ball-dominant point guard on our team prior to Hakeem coming into his own. Hakeem hated him because Sleepy Floyd wouldn't give him the basketball enough and would instead finish with it or shoot it. Different era, different time. We got rid of Floyd.

MJ.....................child are you going to compare Harden to MJ?????

I tell you what.......................bring MJ back up to me when Harden starts playing defense. Until then forget talking about MJ. MJ earned the right to take 50 possessions on offense. Because he busted his tail on the defensive end. MJ played end-to-end.

Don't bring up MJ son.

The reason our production goes in the tank when Harden is off the floor is the whole roster has been built around Harden and we don't have another primary playmaker because we can't keep one going because Harden wants the ball all the time. Remember....Harden wanted Lawson. Lawson didn't work. Now we'll find out who Harden wants next. But we don't have another playmaker because Harden hasn't wanted another playmaker. He wants a guy that will spread the floor and shoot but can make a play when the defense closes out. Harden does not want a primary playmaker taking the ball out of his hands.

I'm not going to keep explaining this to you any longer.

Since you ate all the marshmallow bunnies now go eat a bunch of those chocolate eggs. Just don't forget to take the foil off them because if you chew that foil with the chocolate you will get Alzheimer's. And then it's off to the nursing home. That is if you don't crash your big wheel in the driveway and bust your head open first. Quit bugging me with your drivel or I'll have to ignore you.

And don't forget...................Harden wanted Lawson.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden wanted another guard he wanted more help not necessarily Ty Lawson. Harden wanting more help is at contrast at what you are saying about him being selfish, actually most of what you say is at odds with other things you've said and BTW the whole he's a bad judge character thing sounds a bit insane, lol. Are you reading your own posts? Are you ok?

11. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Another embarrassing display of deluded DOF lacking any common sense, smh.

Harden wanted another decent playmaker you idiot, he did not specifically ask for Lawson who would end up sucking big time.

Of course, you didn't still answer properly why all the greats I've mentioned all had mediocre seasons when they had zero help from teammates?

And why not bring up MJ? When Chicago had nobody but MJ, their team record was not that impressive. Who do we have besides Harden?

If this team is built around Harden and that's the reason why our team production tanks when Harden' off the floor, then isn't that more on Morey? Did Harden ask for shi,tty coaching staff and supporting cast? All the elite teams have at least two or three all-star caliber players on their roster. HOW MANY DO WE HAVE? And don't even mention Dwight 'cause I might just kill you.

Again, Dwight is the cancer of this team.

Dwight is the one who's not playing up to his salary level.

Dwight is the one who is recording career low numbers on offense AND defense.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS THE PROBLEM.

12. basketballholic

How quickly you forget. Harden wanted Lawson. Harden recruited Lawson. Harden convinced Morey Lawson was worth the risk.

We traded for Lawson because Lawson was the guy Harden wanted.

Wake up dude.

This disaster of a season and the current state of this dreadful roster is on Harden. Harden wanted everybody back...except he didn't make any overtures for Smoove....and consequently Smoove left and we were left with Brewer and that terrible contract. Harden wanted Terry back. Harden wanted Lawson.

And Morey gave Harden what Harden wanted.

Wake.up.dude.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Good god man. You constantly have these easily disprovable takes.

14. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Wake up DOF. Harden never asked for Lawson specifically.

And Dwight Howard is the cancer of this team.

Wake.up.dude.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Actually ü need to know what you're taking about. Harden wanted Lawson here. But you're absolutely clueless when it comes to this team so it's not surprising you wouldn't know that.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There is no dwight only fan, everybody has excepted he's leaving. Its that people continue to ignore the biggest problem...Harden.

1 person likes this.
  17. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Morey was the one who was first interested in Lawson and asked for Harden's opinion. It's not like Harden barged into Morey's room and said "Get me some Lawson before I kill you"

But you're just another DOF, so it's not surprising you wouldn't know that.

18. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

Which would make much more sense if we played better without Harden.

Dwight being not the biggest problem would make sense, if we played better with him on the court and he is not our highest paid player, which is not the case.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

So who actually goes out and says that when they want a player to come genius. The point was harden wanted him here. Which is a fact. Is that too complicated for you to understand?

20. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

The point is Harden asked for a decent playmaker, not Lawson specifically. Is that too complicated for you to understand?