1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on Golden State: We feel like we have closed the gap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2017.

?

Have we closed the gap on Golden State?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2017.
  1. Yes, we are at least their equals!

1.0%
  2. Yes, we can challenge them in a playoff series

19.7%
  3. Yes, gap is smaller but we'll still get wrecked

55.2%
  4. No, we aren't even close

19.4%
  5. I abstain, courteously

4.8%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why would he talk about the Spurs when the question asked was about the warriors

Another media critic :rolleyes:

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I was talking in general, in every interview or press conference he mentions warriors and how we can beat them, our pefermance was horrendous in the playoffs against the spurs and it needs to be addressed, we need to consider the spurs before we can talk about the warriors...despite acquiring cp3 if we play the spurs it's still toss up between us and them, and if we play the warriors with current roster I don't see us winning more than 1 game.

goldoil, Little Bit and cheke64 like this.
  3. Rocketeer4Life

Morey, Trevor Ariza is our starting small forward and Ryan Anderson is our starting power forward. Two guys who can't consistently shoot 3s in the D'antoni offense. Yes, we can beat Golden State with these two guys starting :rolleyes:

cheke64 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well if it seems that way it's bc they're obviously the team to beat and that's the common topic. Y'all make it seem like he just sits there in brings up the warriors himself all the time just because, as if he isn't asked about them time and time again

5. thekad

thekad Member

Durant
    Harden
    Curry
    CP3
    Green
    Klay
    Iguodala
    Gordon
    Capela
    Ariza

Not only are the Warriors best players better than our best players, their 3-5 best players are vastly better than ours as a group.

Harden and CP3 are both definitely capable of being the best player in a series, but after them the Warriors wipe away the Rockets and the rest of the league.

Adding Melo would definitely help bridge that gap as he has the potential to play to the level of Green and above Klay.

Still the Rockets are in an enviable position compared to the rest of the league. Only we can say we have two top tier players like the Warriors. Now just add two top 25 players...

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You add a Melo and Warriors realize that they have a legit challenger. That gap would be close to being closed.

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Harden better than Curry is still highly debatable.

Are people choosing the answer choice "Yes, gap is smaller but we'll still get wrecked" for the roster constructed right now or the hypothetical scenario where we add Carmelo? I strongly disagree with the former and agree with the latter. We aren't close to matching GSW today.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Harden is better than Curry. There is no debate.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I like it.

Bring it on.

These guys have a legitimate dislike of that team and I'm all for it.

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

yeah....if PJ Tucker is as good as Durrant

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Can Morey close his own gap? :p

Little Bit and PeterKingX like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Instead of those comments, do the Job, Big M!

#Sleeves

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Say nothin? Just zip it for the time being. Or at least say, we are on a good path...no mentioning of GSW or just say they are a great team and the team to beat at this hour......stop.

#113 daywalker02, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    cheke64 likes this.
  14. Asian Sensation

At what? Chasing big booty hoes?

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Close the gap? LOL...

Morey is in pipe dream.

Even PJ Tucker knows this is B.S.

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

It's funny so many people are saying gap is not closed unless we get melo. I wonder what they will say if Melo deal actlly happened

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm definitely not ready say that the gap is necessaryily 100% closed. But I am confident that the Rockets are at, or at least near, the very top of the list when it comes to teams that can compete with the Warriors.

I really am expecting both James and CP3 to have MVP caliber seasons. Capella will improve and Morey will continue to improve the roster. Anderson may even learn how to shoot when at the Toyota Center. This team will win 60+ games next season.

Hold me to that.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Even with melo added to the roster I still don't see us winning 7 game series, we will definitely be more competitive but we aren't winning that series, it's gonna take sometime for the group to mesh up together (assuming melo added).

19. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Maybe I'm a homer, but I will place CP3 above Curry and Gordon (maybe Capela too) is above Iguodala.
    And I think adding CP3 will make other players looks better too.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Take the playoffs out of the equation, speaking in terms of the regular season's performance...harden is better player than curry, despite curry having two mvp trophies under his belt but we all know harden was robbed twice.