1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 1/09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jan 9, 2008.

1. All Souled Out

Here's where I disagree with trading McGrady. Trading him for low upside role players, like Toronto did with Vince Carter.

Houston's not in a desperate position right now, nor is that necessary for them to trade T-Mac, therefore if a deal came up, the Rockets should be able to get a strong return.

Two teams that are in desperate need of changes right now: Milwaukee Bucks, Chicago Bulls.

Both teams have talented players, potential All-stars, and are losing due to bad chemistry. Which makes them both superb trading partners.

1. Many teams make trade deadline deals.
    2. If Houston Rockets lose in the 1st round again, then they would look desperate in a trade involving McGrady. They'd have no choice - either trade him or get eliminated again. Currently, Chicago and Milwaukee are desperate, why not use that to our advantage?

We had to wait for T-Mac and Yao to finally mesh and find chemistry, we had to wait for the Rockets to find them a decent supporting cast, we had to wait for McGrady to get healthy, then we had to wait for younger/athletic players, then we had to wait for McGrady to get healthy again, then we had to wait for Yao to get healthy, then we're waiting for them to adjust to Adelman's system, then we're waiting for McGrady to get healthy again to adjust to Adelman's system.

Let's stop waiting and start acting. Why don't the Spurs/Pistons ever have to constantly wait for success?

Any better? The Rockets can't really do any worse. 1st round eliminations are really nothing to look forward to. Ask Pau Gasol and the Memphis Grizzlies on how that attitude you have has worked for them.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Funny how one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the league over the last decade won 4 championships in 9 years.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

D*mn do I ever hear ya ...

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

New status for Cohen? :D

5. battousai

battousai Member

here is the catch,

before the season, rockets has been promising to the fans that we will be a different team, we will not only make the playoffs but go deep.

if no change has been made to the roster, then not only the fans but whole lot of people will lose faith and rox loses its credit to the people. next season no one will buy into whatever excuse they come up and no season ticket sales.

In order to salvage that, a trade has to be done. simply put our current team will not make the playoffs. This year may be the weakest season among the power house of the west. they are showing signs of aging and inconfident.

Spurs - injuries and not playing well, but that's them. however, that myth about winning only in odd years may be true

Mavs - they no one has that poise and wills to win or dominate

Suns - they are becoming less effective around the league, because other teams are starting to figure out how to beat them.

Utah - no more surprises

if we wait until next season to do anything we are not only going to face the top 4 teams but also upcoming great power houses.

-warriors - they are gelling better thanever and could become a letter team than the suns.

-lakers - kobe and bryum, anyone

-hornets - chris paul
    -kings - with bibby and artest back? and kevin martin

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't forget the Trail Blazers.

7. tutone88

tutone88 Member

Brilliant analogy! Trasde your Ferrari with a bad clutch for a Kia. I say fix the damn clutch! I have a Kia with a really nice clutch if you'd like to trade. Just let me know.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not the clutch.

The car has been totaled and we need to collect the insurance money.

Most back injuries don't just go away.In fact they usually get worse over time.

I've been creamed by people running red lights two different times.
    Now,skiing up in the mountains and swimming help a lot,but as far as playing hoop anymore goes,it's back spasms EVERY time for me.And you can forget about consistency just like we've witnessed with Tracy.

#48 Plowman, Jan 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  9. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

You can't fix McGrady's clutch, bubba.

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Isn't T-Mac a joke in the Piston's locker room? "Half man, half a season" for the league's most fit althlete? THEY WOULDN'T DO IT, even though the Rockets should/would.

11. kwng

kwng Member

Why fix the clutch? Change it to AUTO and and let it VROOM!! :D
    As many have said, if your Ferrari has clutch problem you can't sell it or trade it because it is malfunctioning. The only option you have is to replace it with AUTO and show ppl it can VROOM then you can think of selling. Broken down even for luxury cars are unwanted coz ppl knew how much it cost to fix or replace it. To me unless someone like Kobe or Lebron comes along, TMac
    trade will end up with spare parts to be dumped.

12. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

I see entertaining value in his free throws ... Look very funny :D

13. bbjai

bbjai Member

actually they can

they can just plain not make the playoffs

14. duteman

duteman Member

Tmac in the line up should create more open shots for others and himself...its good now that rafer is actually running the offense so tmac does have to bring up the ball create a play or shoot a terrible shot...things should be better now.

only thing i didn't like was how Tmac was hinting it would be nice to play with D howard when he has a teamate like Yao...that was a toolbag statement against the team...i'd understand if he we had a center like shawn bradely

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Why do things like this get blown out of proportion? Because you people let the media feed you ideas.

Who hasn't thought what if?

You haven't thought about what might have happened if you had kept your first girlfriend? Or chosen a different career path? Or built your house in a different neighborhood??

Come on.

Tmac didn't say he doesn't like being Yao's teammate. He said "Of course I have thought about what it would have been like if I had stayed in Orlando"

Yeesh. Gimme a break. Can we now lay this to rest as a non-issue?

16. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

You could probably donate your body for organ donation and research if it is that bad!

:D