1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 1/09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jan 9, 2008.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Caught a little again. He talks to TMac and who is super excited about how the team is playing.

TMac wont be back for another 5-10 days.

TMac likes to work on free throws by himself but is now getting some help. They think he can be in the .80s.

Said things are turning around, still has had the toughest schedule etc.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Doh again.

Crap, now we have to deal with r****ded and annoying T-Mac trade threads for one more week. Take me now Lord ...

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I thought Tmac was gonna be back Fri?

4. MR. MEOWGI

He said he still felt some pain.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wonder if the organization is holding him out extra long to see if the team continues to gel...thus they are really thinking about trading him and building completely around Yao.

If they do trade Tmac who could we get for him?

;)

DD

6. tulexan

tulexan Member

I think Chuck should be working on his free throws too.

7. DaDream

DaDream Member

I would try to trade him for Rip Hamilton and change. Not a wow factor but I can see him contributing big time in this offense.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh DD, please don't encourage them...

9. MR. MEOWGI

And a caller said "I am sick of all the trade TMac talk. This isn't a video game. The team is getting it together"

Morey said "Thank you."

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

what, who cares what the GM of the teams says, obviously all the rumors are true!

11. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Morey was hurt by the statement :D it hit him deep

12. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

It's not what Morey said that will make us pleased. It's what Tracy is doing that does make us ease.

The positive statment Tracy said is what really does matter after all. This is gonna rule all the rumors out.

Still old talking : Keep it up, be healthy, come back and fit into RA's system.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

14. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I don't know either way, but the GM of a team is not going to get on the radio and say, "Yes we are looking to trade T-Mac." It doesn't happen like that. Even if he is fielding proposals, he won't say anything until the trade is done.

Even in last night's game I saw times that having a team-focused T-Mac could have helped. But if we are going to get the T-Mac who sees the offense going well and everyone involved yet thinks he needs to throw up a 3 with 22 seconds on the shot clock, he can stay hurt all year. That kind of crap is disruptive to the entire team.

15. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

That was hilarious :D

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like that McGrady is working with someone on FTs. That could be huge. Morey's fav stat is FT%. I wonder if its Calvin giving him pointers.

17. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Yes, but getting it together without Tmac. The fact that he now has the knee to worry about in addition to his back always in the rear of his mind, I'm afraid we'll see more of the same jumpshooting, lazy, walking and sulking Tmac. And that is the only reason I would entertain possibly trading him. His talent is undeniable but the question is if he's willing to use it to its fullest extent.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys need to get your sarcasm meters fixed....

:D

DD

19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I listened to most of it and a caller asked Morey if there were any trueth to the rumors that TMac is unhappy.

He said he didn't know where these reporters from other cities are getting their stories but he talks to Tracy all the time and he loves it in Houston where he has his house and is excited by how well the team is playing right now. He said that TMac told him even recently how much he is happy being here. He then added that there are no talks about trading him.

I thought it was funny when he was talking about Rafer and how the team is looking for ways to get him scoring opportunities which would be "very ironic to a lot of fans."

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I told you guys not to expect trades. Les and Morey are going to be reluctant to say they made mistakes, or even make corrections, which would be the same as saying they made mistakes. :p