1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey more or less likely to pull off trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jul 11, 2016.

?

How likely is Morey to make a trade for another impact player before the season starts?

1. More likely than not

93 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. Less likely

74 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We need a competent point guard desperately. If Bev gets any type of injury we are screwed.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I voted less likely, but that doesn't mean I don't think he should.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is a very good point. Its Pringles' team for right now.

4. mightybosstone

Unless they add one of the few remaining competent backup PGs, I do think Morey will trade for a decent backup. But I don't foresee it being some huge roster-altering deal that makes them significantly better. Codman has mentioned Lou Williams, and he's the kind of player I could get behind who shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to acquire. I'd obviously love Rubio, Knight or Bledsoe, but I kind of doubt that's going to happen at this point.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think the most attractive and disposable "asset" on the team is Beasley and his contract. Others like Capela and Ariza might be attractive but would leave major holes in the roster.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I could see us making some signings, don't know about trades.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hahaha.

Man I feel bad for Morey and Rockets fans, but all I am do is laugh at this point

8. Sanity2disChaos

Id look at the Suns And Birds (Pelicans) to get our future starter/bench PG.

PG is the move..

9. Sanity2disChaos

that being said I would love to have Bev off the bench...

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dam! You guys want the Rockets to take down as many players with them as they can.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets GM says pulling off a trade will be very easy

[rquoter]HOUSTON -- Rockets GM Daryl Morey said moving his trash via trade is doable.

“I think it will be pretty easy to trade [our] trash for rotational players,” Morey told ESPN.[/rquoter]

More to come soon.

#31 J.R., Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

All these backup point guards have been getting signed away for minimum deals, so it doesn't look like Houston thinks free agency is the way to solve that problem. They must think either

A) Harden and/or Gordon will spend significant time at PG therefore they have no urgency to acquire another point

B) There is at least one or more point guards they can trade for that they are interested in

C) GPII is ready to be back up point guard as an undrafted rookie

The Rockets are no strangers to late summer trades, so B wouldn't surprise me. Given that it's D'Antoni and he throws conventional wisdom out the window at times, A) has to be in play too. C) is definitely the least likely by far.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Is Jason Terry retired?

14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Morey never stops working on improving the team. Not saying he'll succeed any more than he has this offseason but I have no doubt he's still working it. I would be very surprised if there weren't at least one consequential trade (by which I mean one that nets us a rotation player or more) before the season begins. I expect him to be active all year long.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That's the kind of optimism I like to hear.

16. conquistador#11

we don't even have any magic beans.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, J.R.!

My guess is the Rockets wont make any trades until the DMo situation is resolved so the team knows where it stands

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

There are no such things as magic beans. The trick is to convince some schmuck to believe that they are. We have plenty of plain ole beans lying around and Morey is very skilled at running a grift. Morey has always been quite the mountebank.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Agree.

When you look at the roster, we don't have many minutes to offer without bumping a current rotation player:

Beverely
    Gordon
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela
    Nene

We need another 15 minutes from a guard, 15 from a wing and 20 from a big.

I'm penciling in Dekker to get those wing minutes, and if we resign DMo he will get the remaining big minutes.

That leaves just 15 minutes to a guard. We probably want a vet on an expiring deal that is a primary ball handler.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he always has a trade in the offseason and we still don thave a backup pg, and have brewer, kj and dekker. a waste to have brewer or kj//dekker. a trade coming soon.

there's also s&t with dmo. ariza and harrel are good enough to split backup 4 minutes.