1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Morey make your move! Artest does 180 and opts out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Jun 27, 2008.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

i think u all got it wrong.... its not 180 or 100

Signed,
    [​IMG]

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I second that motion...True indeed

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This team need a 3rd superstar. Battier is considered almost a star....but not quite there yet. If we give up Battier ...that would be tough...cuz we need his shooting touches. Artest is not nearly as great a shooter as Battier.

4. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Battier is NOT a star.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think if we have to give up either Battier or Landry for Artest, i would give up Landry since the Rockets just added 2 more athletic rookies. And they definitely can not give up Battier shooting touches which make teams pay for doubling Yao or Tmac. I think Landry has good trade value.

6. Danish428

Danish428 Member

dude we are !! a contender artest should play here for 1 season and if we win a championship then he can get soo much more money the following season !!

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

If we're talking about being a championship team, we need a rugged dude like Artest to complete with the tougher teams in the league. We saw how the C's punked the Lakers everyway around.

Shane Battier, Jackson, Head plus Artest and a bad contract will get him here.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe Artest changed his mind and opted out when his agent approached and said, What if I told you there's a team out there ready to pay you nearly max money? You'd vie for a championship right away. You really want to stay here?

Or maybe Artest's claims about staying in Sacramento were spin in the first place. The best thing about Sacramento is that if you drive a couple hours in either direction you hit San Francisco or Tahoe.

Of course, I'm from aesthetically-challenged Houston, so I prob'ly have no right bashing other cities.

9. BZ-B

BZ-B Member

I dont know guys, he said he only made a "100 degree turn" that means 80 degrees of him is still with Kings

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

LOL, I can't believe people have been discussing this stupid 100-degree thing for seven pages.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Lol, so he is only going to make a 100 degree turn. Per my calculations, he'll be heading towards the Golden State Warriors.

---from a korean fan on a kings forum

12. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

As a matter of fact Sucktown is shopping for big men so Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom would fit well unless we are giving away one or two of our own for Artes in which i give 2 thumbs up. Then we will have both offensive and defensive threat!!

13. nono3534

nono3534 Member

TMAC + YAO MING + ARTEST + MILLER + SHANE

wow.. if we can secure Artest & Miller...

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No need for Miller.

Every need for Artest.

15. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

No need for Battier. Miller can do nothing on offense but stand in the corrner if we tell him to play like Shane. It would be a waste of talent, however.

I still agree with you on every need for Artest who could take over Battier's spot with no coaching even needed.

16. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

It's past midnight..... so it's now Monday.... correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything on ESPN or anywhere else saying that Artest has opted out.

Not surprising, he wasn't going to take the MLE anyway....

17. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I can't believe so many people want this thug on the Rockets. Dude beat the crap out of his wife/girlfriend, numerous run-ins with the law and Rocket fans are ready to welcome him to this team with open arms?

Maybe it is the Rocket fans who have done a 180.

18. Chamillionaire

he would be the third scorer and also obviously his defense. he can guard multiple positions, but he would cost us an arm and a leg, other teams have better packages than us in case of a S&T. i see no chance at landing artest. he's going to the lakers IMO for odom, farmer, and fillers.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

A possible, albeit not as interesting acquisition, is Charlie Villanueva. The Bucks (actually Scott Skiles) apparently are not happy with him. Perhaps we can get him for a package of our excess players who hustle.

Villanueva is tall, athletic and skilled. He just needs to be motivated, and Adelman can do that. He would create some serious mismatches in the Adelman system.

20. Possum

Possum Member

Yes he has a checkerd past but he has been a model citizen for the last couple of years. He seems to have changed his ways.