1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey make your move! Artest does 180 and opts out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

Can you guys imagine Artest and Dorsey on the Court together playing for the Rockets!!! :eek:

2. FFz

FFz Member

Come on lets not overrate a rookie too much. He hasn't proven anything in the NBA yet. Don't expect him to contribute right away. Rookies need an adjustment time.

3. mgun

mgun Member

yeah
    everyone wants him on our team~
    the point is if he wants a big contract, we probably cant get him
    and if he wants to join a contender... we might still have a chance... but maybe not high on the face~

4. Possum

Possum Member

Ha ha to all the asses that said I was crazy a few months ago when I predicted this. INF!

Anyone that doesnt think Artest would improve this team doesnt have a clue. Sign him up and we are legit contendars. If another top 4 or 5 Western conference team gets him we might as well write of winning a championship before TMacs contract is up in 2010.

Imagine if we could get him without giving up Battier. We could throw some killer defensive combinations at teams.
    Mutombo
    Dorsey Yeh hes a rook but the kid is going to be a good D player just watch.
    Atrest
    Battier
    Rafer - despite what people think about him hes a pretty good defendar for a PG

Sign Landry and package him with anyone outside of Yoa & TMac and we wont be going home after the first round for a few years.

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Who is Atrest? you mean At Rest? LOL... :D

6. sophiander

sophiander Member

wow,obviously,Ron says that indicated sth happened in trade.maybe in LA with KING round.KING may want to much,Ron will give KING a hint which is not too greedy.
    Morey should take a action to trade with KING to get Ron who are a real man which is rockets needs.
    battier+head+1round+? for Ron (resign 11mil)

and Bjax,SKIP or someone else could take a PG/SG with a beautiful shooting!

7. dlite316

dlite316 Member

lets get this beast...

8. tharges

tharges Member

Ring, Ring, Ring, "Is Mr. Artest there"? this should be the first call U make Morey!

Ring, Ring, Ring, "Is Mr. Artest there"? this should be the first call U make Morey!

We cant afford to let this guy get away to the Lakers, Dallas, or Spurs, we need to make a deal with Sacramento. He knows the offense he can play multiple positions. I heard last time we were there with the trade but that we didn't want to give up Brooks. I would say any combination of Head, Battier, Landry, Brooks, Harris, Woods, Hayes, Jackson, & future picks to make it happen. Perhaps even holding onto Jackson for the trade deadline could be valuable then in case we have an injury. Frances will need to step up. If we can't pull off the Artest trade i would love to see Josh Smith or J.R. Smith in a Rockets uniform. Thoughts guys i cant be the only one out there. Who do you think is our first call when Free agency starts?

9. Jayrod25

Jayrod25 Member

i say we trade bjax, chuck and brooks for ron

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

Kings say 'no'.

11. Rockets '94

Rockets '94 Member

kings would say no... that doesnt even make sense for them,.,.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Josh Smith is a pipe dream. J.R Smith would be nice off the bench, but his defense is suspect. I think Denver will hold on to Smith. Artest is our only reasonable chance. We are very deep now with Dorsey and Greene i believe both of them are sleepers. I like Turkaglu he would make a very nice 6th man if we sign Artest somehow he would be our Mike Miller. There was a rumor Orlando liked Battier/Hayes and was offering Turk dont know how legit this is but if we sign Artest then we can afford to lose Battier to upgrade the wing even more with fire power. This is what i want to happen only 3 things left to do. sign Artest and resign Landry then trade Battier/Hayes for Turkaglu Orlando's offer.

13. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

As much of a headcase he is, I would take him so the Lakers don't get him. He would make us the team to beat in the west if he stays out of jail and the stands.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

didn't he have indicate he may opt out? if so we wouldn't be trading for him, we would need to offer him something worth coming. to me artest doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take a pay cut for anything, but we'll see. i just doubt we land him or any other high caliber player, i say we focus on what we've got for now, if scola calms down he could be our 3rd option, if we just keep the offense moving we will be alright

15. bewy

bewy Member

Love how these fans state the trades that will never happen lmao, brooks+jackson+head? really funny.

16. tharges

tharges Member

My understanding is that he would have to tell the team he intends to opt out so that they will trade him then it is a sign and trade. That way Sac doesn't lose him for nothing. If this is the case than it is up to the highest bidder. Correct me if i am wrong

17. tharges

tharges Member

Before the deadline last time we offered a package of players but Sac wanted Brooks and we said no.....so it is in play

18. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Artest is NOT going to be on the Spurs, Lakers, or Mavericks teams. Artest wants to be the main star and none of these teams can afford the potential headcase

19. Possum

Possum Member

20. Possum

Possum Member

People said the same thing about Rasheed Wallace before Detroit traded for him and won a couple of champoinships. And anyway when was the last time Artest did anything bad?