1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey make your move! Artest does 180 and opts out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

first the chants were : we want steve, we want steve, we want steve!

now let the new chants begin: sign artest, sign artest, sign artest!

shoots havent we been trying to get this since last year? I remember in a rumor, the kings were talking with us, and wanted aaron brooks and battier as part of the deal for artest and we declined.

2. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

no frigging way.. whoever declined to trade Brooks and Battier for Artest should be fired... :mad:

3. sab504

sab504 Member

Get this guy at allllllll COST. He is like the new version of vernon maxwell for the rockets. He will stop guys like kobe, double p, lebron, ginooooooobili from driving to the hoop. He is what shane battier wishes he is becuz ron ron can get to his opponents head while battier is just a mr goody two shoes who plays good d. This guy plays dirty d and can score the rock. GET HIM NOW. Trade battier + head + bjax + memphis pick. I will watch all the rockets get this season if he comes becuz I know he will man up the injury prone tmac and yao!

4. monter

monter New Member

Give him a call, Rick, we need this guy.
    Go, Morey, let's see your magic.

5. tharges

tharges Member

Any idea how Artest rates on Morey's formula? or the formula he goes by when picking players?

6. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

the rumor was during the 22 win streak when aaron brooks was playing well and basically everyone on the rockets roster. Im sure there were draft picks involved, but from what I remember battier and brooks were the core of the deal.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Also, If he were to opt out, it would have just been a couple month rental at the expense of Battier and Brooks. Right now, we'd be crying about how we miss Battier and Brooks.

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Artest is the PERFECT fit for our team.....if Morey somehow is able to get him, I'm going to have to fly down to Houston to watch some games. Artest is everything that our team lacks......

However I can bet he's going to La La land, and that's gonna suck, cause you can book them as NBA champions for them for the next few years....there goes Yao's youth.

9. Raven

Raven Member

I hate myself for saying this, but the Rockets should be on this like a fat kid on a bowl of ice cream.

The most important reason is to **** block another WC team from getting him.

10. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

And how does that turn out? steve didn't do sh**. I know it's not entirely his fault. My point is fan-favorite is not a reliable standard to evaluate players.

11. ACL1

ACL1 Member

he is what this team needs? he is a competitor third scorer, that can carry the team on his back, when needed. MOst importantly his personality is what tham lacks. lots of heart, and a mean streak. tired of seeing passive plaers get pushed around and all they do is pout.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Don't you think it might take more than crap to get Artest?

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

If we got Artest we would be unstoppable

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Artest dominates the ball too much, he doesn't fit......and he is a knucklehead.

Watch how he plays, he is a ball stopper.......we need a creator, not another ball stopper.

PASS on Artest....not that it matters, he won't be coming here.

DD

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Don't worry guys. To ensure him signing with the Rockets, I'm going to personally call him to convince him to come. Leave this to me.

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't think we'll get him but if we do, and he plays with passion and desire, he is the missng link.

17. lastmanstanding

Agreed. On the right team, he could be a force, but he doesn't complement us well enough. Is his defense more physical and equal to Shane's? Yes. But I can't see him not wanting the ball.

18. wink2cat

wink2cat Contributing Member

I dunno, I'm on the fence with this one. We need a "hothead/enforcer" type on this roster that has NBA experience and is a legit scorer. All of that is in Artest. If we could get him for a steal I would hope we follow through on it.

19. Jd1

Jd1 Member

I say it's good enough for me.

20. Ym-tmac

Ym-tmac Member

hi I am from china,and i love rockets very much ,Yao and t-mac are my favorate athletes .I hope artest could come to houston .