1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey loses 2 2nd rd picks...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kjayp, Oct 31, 2022.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The Philadelphia 76ers will have their second-round picks in the 2023 and 2024 NBA drafts taken away from them as a result of violating free agency rules by having early discussions with forwards P.J. Tucker and Danuel House Jr, the NBA announced Monday afternoon.

In its announcement, the league said the draft picks were taken away because the 76ers engaged in discussions with both players "prior to the date when such discussions were permitted."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34919897/sixers-lose-two-2nd-round-picks-nba-investigation

for HOuse n PJ... lol.... Murray - always trying to work an angle... lol

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

all teams are doing it, and if u ain’t, you’ll get left behind

NBA acting like they care for “optics”

AroundTheWorld and eliefor3 like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This isn't a Morey fanboy comment - but I don't know why you're laughing at Morey as if he's the only person who did this.

The funny thing is that every team every off season isn't fined.

Because we all know it happens every single year.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. kjayp

i laugh at Morey - bc he aint part of our team... so i laugh as i would laugh at any such occurrence that happens to ANY OTHER TEAM.

and is more amusing just knowing how Morey is...

J.R. likes this.
  5. kjayp

and even funnier - bc he took the hit for PJ TUCKER and HOUSE!!!! LMAO!
    Not Brunson... or somebody notable - PJ and HOUSE!
    Risk vs reward... lol

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

So does nobody get those picks and only 29 players are picked? Kind of sucks for one prospect, if that’s the case.

7. Downtown Sniper

Amusing knowing how Morey is?

Yeah it is pretty funny I suppose being a Rockets fan now and seeing a GM who is actively trying to win.

They do be doing things real strange in Philly haha I agree!

(I do agree though - House definitely is not the person you'd want to lose draft picks over)

8. Asian Sensation

Just a friendly reminder

Sixers could have kept Seth Curry, Drummond, the 2 First round picks they gave up AND gotten back CJ McCollum + Anfernee Simons and a 1st round pick. All for getting rid of Ben Simmons and not getting Harden instead.

[​IMG]

jim1961 likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is English not your first language?

10. kjayp

yes, "knowing how Morey is..."

meaning he'll try to weasel his way into any crack or crevice of a rule or regulation where he might find the slightest potential benefit - with no regard for the 'spirit of the rule...' or some might say 'sportsmanship' - like the Nene contract... who among us honestly looked at that initially and thought "oh yeh - that gonna fly!" lol

i'm not a member of the 'if yer not cheating then yer not really trying' mentality...

thats not to say i might not take a risk and bend a rule occasionally - given the proper enticement...

and no, PJ (at his present juncture) and House would not qualify as a 'proper enticement'...

but i'm sure Morey never gave it a second thought...

and thus 'how Morey is...'

lol

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If Morey was any good he would have found a way to change math and the cap rules and fit Brunson’s 30 million into the bi annual or mid level exceptions that House and Tucker got.

Sluball3 likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

What does that have to do with anything?

jim1961 likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

This is an absolutely insane take, are you on drugs?

Imagine being angry at someone for wanting to make their team better hahaha.

You've got Stockholm Syndrome already from the short reign of the loser Tilman.

Wow.

14. kjayp

i was 'extra crispy' when posting last night - but even in the stark reality of the morning - i stand by my statements.

I guess u have mistaken my amusement for 'anger'...

I was a huge Morey fan... he even approached me at Summer League 1 year and thanked me for my support (after my vocal cheering for our team in the previous game)... i was kinda put off by his departure - but idk all the details between he and Frittata.... so i reserve judgement... but no, i am not a Frittata fan... lol

I am amused because i know that Murray just cant help himself... he's a schemer... a manipulator.... i appreciate his drive and desire - but it is amusing how the man just cant help himself... lol.... i mean for PJ Tucker and House! lol! I'm all about risk vs reward... investment vs return... Murray is a hammer any angle to nth degree until it breaks...

For the record, i consider Murray one of the better GMs in the league... but the man does have some 'blind spots'...

edit:
    "Hey, I screwed around...guys screw around, there's nothing wrong with that. Except you got caught, Sport."

- Breakfast Club

#14 kjayp, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Getting an agreement with PJ Tucker over the list of teams that wanted him is well worth a couple of second rounders.

16. kjayp

welp, yer entitled to your opinion, bro.... i wouldnt throw the dice for a 37 yo PJ - but to each their own... takes all kinds to fill the freeway... lol