1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: "Joey Dorsey has become the best defensive big in Europe"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 17, 2014.

?

How will he do next season?

1. Asik-level good

44 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Pretty Good

104 vote(s)
    20.9%
  3. Serviceable

277 vote(s)
    55.6%
  4. Poor

73 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I can't believe he is 30 already.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dorsey's hands are much better than Asik's. He doesn't have to match Omer's production defensively for equal impact. Depends how close he matches to be an upgrade. We could use it.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope this is the result of being drunk because if you are serious then I feel very bad for you. I hope you have an epiphany real soon, for your sake.

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

First impressions do a lot of damage to a player's rep. A lot can happen in a few years of development. I'm more optimistic of his debut this time around.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are delusional. Joey Dorsey isn't good. The optimism is nice, but c'mon. He'd make more impact on the Texans.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll save this for continuity sake.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Go for it. Rudy T's MO was bringing in fringe retreads from the CBA, he got a ton out of those guys but it was a desperate move. This is like that, but worse. I'm embarrassed that we went from Chris Bosh to creating threads about how good Joey Dorsey is going to be. I'm embarrassed for all of us right now.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey is here, we signed him. He's excited to be here. We likely would have signed him even if Bosh were here because we wouldn't have any money left for established players. But let's not talk about him at all. Let's pretend he's not on the roster because Ziggy is embarassed. What do you, I, or anyone else here have to be embarassed about?

You're like a guy at the bar that hits on a hot girl, gets rejected, then feels sorry for himself and lets it ruin his night. And now everyone else you came with has to feel bad with you. Chris Bosh said no. He never owed us a yes. Get over it.

3 people like this.
  9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Embarrassing should be started from the talk of having LeBron, LeBron and Melo on the same team, then Love, then Bosh, then everyone. But the result is that none of them is on the team, but lost three, at least one of them should be on the team.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he and his agent probably think he can get a mid level deal after this one.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all can talk about him all you want. I'm happy to have him too. It's a good story and I've always liked the guy. But as usual, 80% of the folks posting in this thread are acting like he's going to be a major difference maker. Some sort of steal.

I'm just a realist.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

News flash: the Rockets are your favorite basketball team. If you don't like them, find a new team. What is the point of endlessly complaining about your favorite team? Buy season tickets and get in Morey's ear if you want to have an impact. Otherwise, you're just whining, day after day.

I'm psyched about all the new players. How uncool I am!

13. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

I could see Morey working the numbers on that. Purposely Missed Free Throw Rebounds or PMFTR for short.

14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

he's a back up center.....people are cool with the fact he can help rebound, block shots and play defense. What's wrong with that? That's what he does! The last time he was here; he was a rookie and now he's back after several years gaining experience and will be giving 15-18 mins a game backing up the BEST center in the league. No one should have a problem with people liking a player that they genuinely like. You say you're being a realist...more of a pessimist. I don't recall seeing anyone saying Dorsey was gona be an allstar.

15. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

he's under sized

16. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

for who? 6'8 / 6'9 and he can't defend all the great centers in the league today? There's like 3 good centers and we have the best one lol. It's gona be ok.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The real question here is, how well does Dorsey's fist conform to the shape of Lamarcus Aldridge's nose? My guess is, not well at all. Not even close, actually. In this case, that's a good thing. Just what we needed. Go out there Joey and "leave it all out on the court", as Jerry Sloan would say.

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's funny how people are ripping guys like Dorsey saying they "suck" yet the Rockets in the past have won championships with guys like Charles Jones, Carl Herrera, Scott Brooks, even Mario Elie though he was a cut above those guys. What people are calling garbage could be a good championship mix.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Dorsey did nothing for us the first time he was here. He didn't even look like a basketball player. That being said, Morey and his scouts are watching europe very carefully. They are smarter than us and done more homework - and his trackrecord in europe is pretty good.

His size is a problem - but he is strong as a bull. I believe he will be at least serviceable and maybe even a defensive powerhouse. Let's wait and see - not a signing to get excited about, but not one to lose sleep over as well...

20. bmd

bmd Member

Have you watched him play in Europe?