1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey, is this it??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Mar 6, 2017.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

sure they do... but they sign with Cleveland... lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is not it. Maury is busy trying to swing a trade for Wicky Wubio, Thong Maker or Boban Mariujuanovic

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

irl this is the best team but on paper there were two, both had top 10 d and o

08-09 - pushed lakers to 7 game series w/o tmac and yao fo rhalf the series. 6'7 hayes starting center and 6'9 scola against their twin towers lol

10-11 -before the season that team was nasty

yao/ hayes/ andersen
    scolandry/ hill
    shane/ bud
    tmac/ ariza
    brooks/ lowry

kjayp likes this.
  4. thejav

thejav Member

I can't believe Murray didn't get Cousins and LeBron. Worst GM ever!!!

5. basketballholic

Melli is a free agent as soon as their season ends. Should be free to sign a deal over here sans a buyout. I think he's a primary target.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Pretty solid and consistent mechanics on his pull ups. Seems it's something he's pretty good. His set catch and shoot form looks nice as well although a tad slow. Too much mid-range but it shows he has the ability to dribble and pull up creating space to shoot.

Interesting player. Nice find @anchel

anchel likes this.
  7. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Nico Melli and Darius Miller look like they could contribute on the Rockets. We should totally sign them.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would still rather sign Lance Stephenson (or Jamaal Franklin) and Larry Sanders. When it gets to crunch time, MDA prefers to lean on vets.

DonKnock and kjayp like this.
  9. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Yeah but, what I meant to say is that we should give Melli and Miller a look in the offseason. Lance and Larry are solid options to sign for the remainder of the season.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  10. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Peons. Unless pee on is your thing

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. kjayp

I have repeatedly said we need a banger for down low... but heck, if Trez can't even get any court time with Anderson out for half the game against the Spurs - why bother?
    I'm getting the feeling that we're nothing but a 'gimmick' team - rather than a well built balanced one...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Melli on the background though...Morey toying with us lol

Deuce and bongman like this.
  13. Moleb

Moleb Member

You think it's easy to make a top 5 team in the NBA? This is the highest level basketball on the planet. It's not easy to make a championship team. If it was as easy as most of the clutch fans posters say then all NBA teams would be contenders. Or all us "regular fans" would be GM's making roster moves like we are playing NBA 2K.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gimmick team with the 3rd best record in the NBA. We were 2 points away from beating the Grizzlies, Clippers and Spurs consecutively.

Gimmick team...

Hakeemtheking and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  15. kjayp

Do you think this is a championship caliber team and gameplan?
    I hope we get lucky and some things fall our way en route to winning it all... but I'd feel a lot better about our odds if we were more diversified and not just living and dying by the 3 ball....

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I hope we sign Sanders. As someone that's dealt with depression and anxiety most of my life it sounds to me like he's done everything right to turn his life around and I find the Royce White comparisons unfair because it's not easy for one with those conditions to get the help he/she needs. Royce White refused to take responsibility and he didn't get that help. Sanders took responsibility and took charge of his life, again not an easy thing, and he got the help he needed. He's like the opposite of Royce White. He deserves another chance. I hope he gets it here.

kjayp and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we have as a good a chance as anyone outside of the Warriors. We are right there with the Spurs and the Cavs as our record indicates.

We are consistently one of the top interior scoring/foul drawing teams in the NBA, to go with our elite shooting from deep. For me, it all hinges on defense and that is where we still have something to prove. The Spurs were extremely fortunate to win last night and I wonder If you would be saying the same thing If we won. Griz/Clippers/Spurs back to back to back. That's no joke.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. StevieCrossover

Thats it. Can't have all the good players

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I for one believe what he is saying but I still do not think we can get all the right players, simply not enough time.

maybe next season.

We roll into the postseason with what we have plus Sweet Lou and probably some unknown guy from Dleague or Europe.