1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey, is this it??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Mar 6, 2017.

1. bongman

bongman Member

IB4 Huey Lewis memes

kjayp and oakdogg like this.
  2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

What I'm saying is that this team HAS TO get passed the 2nd to even come close to being recognized as a better team than that 09' team... Yes they had their injuries but still competed and very easily could've have won it all that year if it wasn't for the injured . HOU should def have 2 more championships in the past 15 years.

The series against Dallas where TMAC dunked all over Bradley should've been a championship for us if only that ref who was eventually arrested for betting on this very game he officiated in wasn't a scum (blame Cuban too).

The 09' series against the LAL where TMAC and Yao got hurt and we eventually lost in 7. LAL couldn't hang with us and that year they played ORL in the Finals where Yao absolutely would eat Dwight alive in the post.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

The 04-05 team wasn't a championship level team at all.

4. anchel

anchel Member

He's playing really good and I think he fits into our current team, that's why I named him.

Again, this is pure speculation, but: Morey is in a small German city watching a weird game of a local league. No disrespect but that's a mediocre game, that's not a Euroleague game, neither is the spanish King's Cup competition (an event of high level disputed at the same time as the All-star Weekend where many NBA teams, if not them all, bring their international scouts). There are no airports in that city, so he's not passing by... He didn't go expressly to that place to watch that random german game, he's there to see the players and/or to speak with his agents. Still means nothing short term... only that he's there because he's interested in some players of that particular team. And the two potential NBA prospects of that team are Nico Melli and Darius Miller.

#24 anchel, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  5. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Do your job, Darren Murray. Why couldn't you get Butler and George for Brew and ZJ McDowell?

6. jayfree

jayfree Member

As long as it's not Darius Miles
    [​IMG]

7. bongman

bongman Member

Nico Melli also looks interesting

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If only we could've got David Anderson a year earlier....

It was definitely a very strong roster on paper. Obviously Harden is a much higher level star than we had back then, which tends to translate into better results in the bigger games (or am I just dreaming?). But who knows what would've happened back then without injuries

9. Pete the Cheat

This definitely follows Dar-El's MO. Will have to investigate the two prospects. Thanks for the input

10. Pete the Cheat

So I got all of 5 seconds into the video and went NOPE haha. His midrange game looks strong but seems to be the antithesis of this teams strategy. Granted this is a highlights video, but just an observation

11. Pete the Cheat

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

R u kidding? That team was def a championship contending team

13. bongman

bongman Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

How on Earth were they a championship contending team?

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i think, or ohpe, he's joking

16. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I have felt that a lot of people overrate the 09 team. They see that we took the eventual champion to 7 games so we had to be super close. When I watched that series, I never felt like we could play our game & execute and win no matter what the Lakers did. I saw a very unfocused team for an eventual champion in the Lakers. They let their guard down, and we took advantage. They wake up and we couldn't compete, because they had flat out better players.

Never did I feel the tipping point where I was confident the 09 team could win it all like 94, 95, and 97. I have not had that tipping point with this year's team either.

Also, even healthy, Yao wasn't the go to guy you want going for a championship, because he could totally be neutered through fronting. Still, the team was a great team to root for - esp. Scolandry and Aaron Brooks.

17. Nook

Nook Member

What were you expecting? The trade deadline already passed. Good players don't just fall from the sky.

18. anchel

anchel Member

This: http://www.euroleague.net/main/stat...ncode=E2016&cat=TotalRebounds&agg=Accumulated

Forget the video, he's not a scorer, Miller is an active and physical player who can help us a little bit inside as a wing and still answer our tempo and shooting demands. He doesn't need the ball offensively and can make the catch-and-shoot 3. He's a natural role player. Still, pure speculation.

HTX Ninja and BigMaloe like this.
  19. bongman

bongman Member

I think Morey is playing with us now. Do we really think he is twitting about McNeal?

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

We need role players, practice players. You always guard against injuries going into the playoffs. I think a backup 3/4 would be good.