1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is a horrible gm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Jun 30, 2017.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Calmly, your assessment of Morey's "luck" is way off. Trading for James Harden was in no way luck. Agreed?
    CP and Dwight did join the Rockets.
    What is your purpose in posting "If reality wasn't reality, then . . ."?

Possum likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luck plays a great role in this, no doubt.

I was thinking about it for years now, what is it that has been missing....every time I come to the conclusion that the only major move he made was the Harden move. (In chess that would be the King)

Morey had an easier time finding the cornerstone piece but has a much harder time with complimentary players.

In articles about OKC at that time, Presti did favor Durant, WB and even Ibaka over Harden.

And maybe majority of people will say Presti is an idiot for letting him go, well, that was the financial situation.

Well, Presti did find those guys in the Draft in the first place.

It's a fair assessment that Presti could have chosen Harden over Westbrook or Ibaka. It doesn't take much to change his opinion/views.

Harden was balling or cooking over there, 6th man or not. Sometimes it's just the owner or one guy who is deciding those things.

OKC was in a much better situation with Harden than sans Harden.

#362 daywalker02, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Okay.
    If I understand you correctly: "Presti may look dumb but he was smart; he just did what he had to do."
    "The Rockets are missing something, and it's because Morey hasn't really done anything."
    I don't really care about OKC at all. But as for Morey and Harden, that trade was so NOT accidental, I don't see how you can call that luck in any way.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Presti isn't dumb or the best GM, he is a good GM. So is Morey. He just happens to bank on the wrong horse, made a big mistake.

Maybe the term 'lucking out' is too extreme but let's say he has Harden now but he cannot find a way to surround him with the right players.

It's just a waste of Harden's time.

Also read upon my previous posts, I never said Morey is horrible. I am not the OP of this thread. You were mistaken me for someone else.

Carry on, there is much more to talk after the trade deadline.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sou you are holding against more the fact that the refs denied him the ring and you are not holding it against presti that he himself traded away harden?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thought bubble, man.

Again the refs did not make Paul's hammy acting up or make Ariza brick how many 3s. It really is unfortunate, I give you that.

Presti should be punished for having too much talent on his hand. ;) It's a small market situation so I cannot really hate on him.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I have to say that i read this thread once in a while to make a couple of laughs and it never disappoints :D

Possum likes this.