1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is a horrible gm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I always liked Tyson, but i would never give up Capela just cause i can get him in another deal. He's 35 in a couple of months, not played much and at a great level the last two years, 50 games per season playing basically 25 minutes per game and in a losing enviroment like Phoenix...and he has always been kinda injury prone. Getting into the season with Chandler and Nene would be very risky cause both have good chances to play 60 games if not less...if he can get a buyout i would love to get him, but getting him while losing Capela would be a bad move. If you want to swap Capela for another center just wait and see what happens with Cousins.

napalm06 and YOLO like this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I would consider it, absolutely. I want this big three.

I see Capela as such a vital part of why the PnR was so lethal last year. Nene was definitely good with the second unit, but the way teams had to guard against that lob made so many things possible when James drove. Add in Capela's age and the fact that bigs like him don't come around too often. It would be really hard for me to trade him.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

No I definitely agree in most regards. But I do believe harden has the ability to make people great at the PnR because how good he was. NeNe was great against starters as well as benches. But I 100% agree about the log effectiveness and all of his youth.

But having another "Toronto pick" is intriguing and I never thought of the trade Capela possibility until I thought of obtaining this type of pick today

But a package of Gordon + "Toronto style pick" is a great base for a star trade that could come up on the block.

Chamillionaire and T for 3 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

aside from the cousins part I agree haha. Chandler is basically at the same stage as nene at this point. you have to manage his games etc. capela is on a very good path right now especially with this coming year next to cp3 and harden.

napalm06 and Vivi like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol :)

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A few notes:

1. In a recent ESPN Radio LA program, it was mentioned that Daryl Morey introduced the concept of 3 or 4 team trades to his good friend LA Dodgers President Andrew Friedman. Until Friedman used it recently, baseball trades had pretty much always been 2 team transactions. So, Morey is changing a sport in which he doesn't even work.

2. Ryen Russilo and Zach Lowe mentioned that Daryl Morey (along with his old friends at the Celtics) is infamous for proposing trades that are so one-sided that you almost have to respect him.

3. Regarding Tyson Chandler: I wonder if he gets along with Melo. Back when they were teammates coached by D'Antoni, Chandler was "Team D'Antoni" when he and Melo disagreed. Knicks also shipped Chandler off to Dallas when Melo became a free agent an they were trying to get him to stay.

8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

If Chandler is coming in a trade, for the salaries to work someone I think we need is gone. Also there is something about a Chandler/Nene center rotation that screams injuries to me. I really hope that's not the case

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You discredited yourself by not knowing the difference between "literally" and "figuratively".

10. rockets13champs

Who ever brought this thread back should be banned.

rocketman12 and justtxyank like this.
  11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

One of my favorite things about Morey is how he almost never makes a trade in which we send out players that doesn't make us stronger. His trade failures have tended to be fliers in which he sends out draft picks for players (1st rounder for T-Will, for example) or prospects for other prospects, hoping that a change of team will spark something.

rocketman12 likes this.
  13. aroundtheblock2

LMAOOOOOOOO. Get off my lawn old man!

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I need a ruling from @RocketsTruth , what say ye regarding the failed Carmelo Anthony trade? I'm sure I'm not alone in waiting for your verdict.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

He's not horrible but very overrated

He's let MANY opportunities slip by for our competitors to improve by our failures

16. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Looking back maybe i kinda overreacted i dont think morey is horrible, but yes i still think we gave up way too much for a 32 year pg. We didnt have to do that. CP3 didnt even make the all-star team last year, who knows if he ever will again

we could have kept dekker or harrell and used them to get melo.. oh well

Sanity2disChaos and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how about passing on Carmelo Anthony? smart or dumb?

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

So how can the team improve by trading Anderson now that the Melo saga is over?

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Chris Paul was 2nd in the league in RPM. I'll value that over all-star appearances.

20. Sanity2disChaos

Hindsight is 20/20 and Morey is above average but not a great one. Honestly I hate the " In Morey we Trust" bull Sh!$.Trust yourself, Trust God!! NOT THIS MER MORTAL!!Cant even close a deal for a player who designated his only option here.