1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey:FIRST HUGE MISTAKE!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Was Gay ready to be part of a championship team? Battier was.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

And he only plays on one side of the ball, non-existent defense. What ever happened to Moneyball, paying a guy 5x what you're paying the guy your letting go for an injury prone player that plays on one side of the ball doesn't seem you did a hell of a lot of research. I would have kept Landry, let Tracy's deal expire and tried to get a scorer in FA, dumb move.

3. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I wasn't to happy when I first heard this.. But if NY gets involved and we end up getting one of the picks and Hill.... then I would be FREAKING overjoyed!!!

If they don't and the deal stays the same or if they get all the pieces from NY then I am really PISSED!!!

Lets hope we do get more...

I think we have to get more if we are giving up Sergio to NY.

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I like this. Good job. I hope all the haters read this.. So quick to judge and say he made a bad move. When they have no idea what the plan is. No idea how K Martin will fit in with the team. First time he goes for 25 and we win they will love him. Dont forget K Thomas used to be 'Carl Landry' before Carl Landry. Same exact style of play. Maybe he has something left and that is why Morey got him. AND who says all of the details of the deal are done yet? We could get more from NY or he could move Cook to another team.

5. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Why you think Battier was part of a championship???
    Battier only pass playoff first round last season in his career history. :(
    Maybe he will be part of championship if his team have Oneal, TD, James, Kobe and Nash...

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This is the type of trade i would do if i am playing video game...it's a fantasy trade. You don't know how the player is going to fit in with the team but you know there is potential.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't think it's all official yet.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

100% disagree because of how well Shane has turned out for us. Infact, I think that was one of our best moves because we were able to unload Stro as well.

9. RedArmy00

RedArmy00 Member

This
    trade for Martin is a mistake. Houston got the short end of the stick here.

10. houston19519

houston19519 Member

How do you now.... be patient, it's going to be funny seeing in a few weeks when Martin is balling for this team :p

11. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Everyone has their opinions, but this thread would of made more sense if the deadline was gone and over.

Cause your opinion may change after everything is finalized.

1 person likes this.
  12. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The Rockets must be getting something else back -- maybe a pick or another player to fill our need for a big man. I like Martin, but giving up both McGrady's contract and Landry is too much for just him. I think there's more to this trade.

13. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Way to bash Landry when he's on his way out. I actually thought given more time Landry could've been a big difference maker. Who the heck thinks Martin is all star caliber?? :confused: