1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Fires Back At Misconceptions - In case you missed it...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnnaMegan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually, it doesn't bother me at all. Brooks is not on the team anymore, and as a Rocket fan I move on.

If you get kicks out of bringing it up, fine, this is your internet war, not mine.

Just so you know, when I got stuck as a broken record, as you are now about this, and continues to gum up the GARM with the same stuff over and over, as you are now, it got me a timeout.

And I wasn't even as rude as you are, in calling people names etc.....

Maybe you can learn from my mistakes, maybe not, that is all on you.

DD

2. DaDakota

Ah, yes, that is what I have been saying all along. Learn from my mistakes.....

DD

3. TheGlyde22

TheGlyde22 Member

While I overall agree with Morey's logic and decision making on this one, I don't feel things like this need to be made public. When he makes something like this public its kinda hard to disprove the theory that he treats his players like "assets". It's still "In Morey I trust" though.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

I have to apologize once more, mainly to Clutch, since I couldn't let this one go as it made me chuckle.

If you notice, DD, that I have around 1500 posts on this site. If every single one of them was on declaring how Lowry was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and how awful AB is, I could not match the standard that you have set for all of us.

Like Morey said, criticize all you want, but don't make **** up.

5. DaDakota

I think if you actually take a step back and look at your posts these last few months, you will see exactly what I mean.

Look, you can take the advice or not, clearly you felt the need to respond - it's ok CX....you were right about Lowry, he has been great....I hope he continues to be great for a long long time.

Whatever is good for the Rockets, I think we can both agree on that, no?

DD

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

CX,

We should end the Lowry/Brooks discussion. It's over. And yes, I was a Lowry supporter. But...it's over. Let's discuss today and the future.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is why I responded to DD and why I hate what he is doing. It is actually his MO. Making **** up and perpetuating it until people start believing it.

Where am I talking about Lowry vs. Brooks in this thread? In any thread lately? We are talking about the virtues of the "NO EXTENSIONS" policy, where Lowry, Scola, Landry all represent one side of the argument. Where AB's poor play this year is an example of how the policy is a filter for the mentally weak.

How does anyone get Lowry vs. Brooks from that?

DD, bravo. You've worked your magic once again.

8. DaDakota

CX,

If you wish to blame me, fine, but if you actually look at your posts, even in the Dim Witted thread you started, I think you will find that I am trying to help.

And yes, I know being the messenger, when you have had a chubby for calling me out for some time now, is part of the problem.

There is no need, we are all Rox fans here, no need to call people stupid, ignorant, or troll, no need to consistently berate others, just no need.

We are all here for the same reason, we love the Rockets, sometimes we are right about stuff, sometimes wrong, but we can all agree that we want what is best for the Rockets and this site.

Either way, I hope you are not offended, I was just trying to point out something I had observed, and was hoping that what happened to me could serve as a lesson to others.

DD

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

There absolutely is a need. It is called accountability. Otherwise people would be running rampant posting their repetitive gibberish 70,000 times polluting the board. I have never called anyone stupid, ignorant, or a troll unless they have CONSISTENTLY showed throughout their time here to be stupid, ignorant, or a troll. I've never called anyone that just because I disagree. There are plenty of people on here that I respect enough where we can respectfully do so. There are plenty of people on here that I respect so much where I would re-examine my own views if they held one counter to it, even if mine was a strong one.

No offense, but you are not one of them. In fact you are on the opposite spectrum. Now supposedly you have turned a new leaf so I will try my best now to be open minded, since like you said we are all Rocket fans. So far what I have seen have left me unimpressed.

Anyways, all of this might belong in the feedback forum. Or a gossip forum for girls. I am done with non-Rocket talk for the day and I apologize to all.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Cxbby, DD has already said you were right. Can you let it go now? :confused:

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

I would've preferred to send you this privately in rep form but I couldn't even do that since it says I have to spread it around more before I can. That should tell you what I think of you and your posts. Please read through the entirety of our little rant here and you will see I have never brought up Brooks vs. Lowry in this thread. There has been no "I am right, you are wrong". There has been no not letting it go. The entire discussion was on the "no extension" policy, which has nothing to do with Lowry vs. Brooks. For some reason DD decided to fabricate that in his own head and shovel it onto me. That was pretty humorous at first, but has become quite disheartening now that a few respectable posters have taken his bait.

1 person likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Okay, I didn't really read the whole discussion, I like you both, so just wanted peace :). Go Rockets! :)

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Don't feed the bear.

1 person likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

cxbby, you can defend morey's extention policy, but players like landry and martin have come to the defense of adelman, not morey. morey hasn't signed a significant free agent yet, we will see what his rep is around the league.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Players are just that, PLAYERS. They play basketball at a level other human beings cannot. But that doesn't make them geniuses at running teams(see: Jordan, Micheal).

Of course players like Adelman better than Morey. Morey is the guy twiddling this thumbs behind the desk on the top floor while Adelman's grinding things out with the team. It would actually be absurd if a player decides that the GM is a cooler guy than the coach, provided said player has not quit on the coach.

1 person likes this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Even though rick is leaving it bothered him they kept him guessing about his future here in houston when he wasn't offered the extension. In fact he used the word "insulted."

Terrible management, numerous quotes from sources around the league and players themselves. It seems that people are pre empted to bow down and accept what ever the org does in order to prove their fanhood, when they are in fact doing probably the opposite.

Made a thread about Management months ago, and it seems doubts are clearing up as time goes on.

I don't have a problem with morey in regards to the some of the great moves he's made, I have more of a problem with how out of touch he is with reality at times , i guess it comes with the package like a double edged sword.

Whats more frustrating are the mindless drones that walk around posting "In morey I trust" "Morey r God" without a shred of substance. He's not a bad GM, I'd say hes better than most, but he's near the critical point where instead of maybe falling off bit by bit, he could totally humpty dumpty himself completely over the wall.

1 person likes this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Martin played for him in Sacramento and Landry was traded by DM.

Gortat chose a contender in Orlando over us. Bosh chose playing with freakin Wade and LBJ over us.

We've never had more than the MLE to spend. :confused:

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

allan houston
    jerome james
    eddy curry
    jared jeffries

all probably felt their GM was cooler than the coach -- until he became the coach!

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

GMs do trade and negotiatie contracts. i guarantee that players love a GM who always treats them like franchise player and overpays them.

coaches decide to play or not to play players. i guarantee that players hate a coach if they don't get playtime, get treated like bench warmers, and always are in the darkhouse.

if adelman were the GM of rox, he probably would not get much defense from players. of coz, adelman could screw up les money pocket to get respect from players.

what i am trying to say is that love or not always involves some kind of own interests.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The mindless drones were the ones that couldn't see AB being traded out the day we re-signed Lowry. They minimized his AWFUL play all season and were like Oh noes! Who's going to score in the fourth? Dragic is a scrub..blah blah blah

This isn't necessarily against you but against the fans that are mad that the GM didn't go along with their thinking. He is the GM for a reason. We're fans. I trust in Morey because he has made something out of nothing. It's not his fault that Yao and Mcgrady flopped hardcore. He is the one that has built a competitive roster from 1 to 15. Not Rick Adelman. No GM is perfect but I will openly say that I trust Morey's vision.