1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Consider Drew Gooden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Codman, Jul 20, 2013.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

3. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

I'd rather see what the kids do with the pf position than what Gooden has done ineffectively for 9 different NBA teams in 11 years. I respect that at times he's shown some game, but overall... Let's just not pick up a vet just for the sake of him being available.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

He has a career PER of 16.6, and per 36 minute stats of 15.7 points and 10.1 rebounds. He's not a total scrub assuming he still has something left in the tank. And he's not that old, either.

I don't think anyone is suggesting making him the starter, but I think he'd be a nice insurance piece on a vet minimum deal.

5. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

I'd just rather someone else have the minutes/roster spot. Every time I watch him there's just a little good and a lot of meh. His best seasons were with Lebron in Cleveland six years ago and since then he just hasn't played that much. There's a red flag about a guy who doesn't get into a lot of games and switches teams so often even if he can score/rebound.

6. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

If Morey spends even 1 minute reading these forums, its to humor himself. And I'll bet he got a good laugh with this one.

7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why do so many guys expect a vet to play like an all-star?
    U can't expect too much
    U should consider what he can do to help the team, if he can give some helps to the team, it's great; if he can't do right thing, it's no problem to let him go

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

To OP: GREAT IDEA

Ignore those so-called "experts" who has tunnel vision on LaMarcus Aldridge and LeBron James and no one else

It is these kind of creative moves that serves Morey's platter :)

1 person likes this.
  9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This is the guy that dunked all over Jeremy Lin in the pro-am game, right?

[​IMG]

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Calm down gais. I'm sure Mauree only considered it and then laughed his ass off in regret.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks, I appreciate that.

The thing is, I'm not an idiot to the game. I coach competitive high school and AAU ball.

I understand chemistry, offenses, defenses etc.

Drew Gooden seemed like a good fit at THAT ONE SPECIFIC PF AREA WHERE NO ONE CAN SHOOT TO SAVE THEIR LIFE! :grin::p

Love ya'll...it's great to be a Rockets fan.

13. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Roster Spots are precious commodities this year in our contender squad.
    So no to Drew Gooden, he doesn't bring anything we don't already have from our bigs including the many mental lapses on defense.

14. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

A lot of people making threads on who should be our new power forward via trades. Why look when we have D-Mo & Jones