1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey confirms Cp3 staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 1, 2019.

?

Are you mad?

1. Yes

33.1%
  2. No

66.9%
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sooooo....What happened to Kawhi?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey confirms that even the Knicks weren't stupid enough to take up a trade involving that CP contract.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

LOOOL, alright outgunned huh, lets see what we have here. Steph Curry, 23 points, 6-17 from the field, 3-10 from the 3 and didnt do much in the 4t quarter. Klay had 25 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists on 10-17 and 4-6 from 3. Draymond had 17 points, 9 assists, and 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block. Demarcus Cousins had 11 points, 6 assists, and 10 rebounds. Andre Iguoadala(I hate him) 8 point 6 assists 8 rebounds. Now no denying Steph Curry had influence on all these guys stats, of course, he's a great player.

BUT....lets not act like he pulled off some amazing feat here hahaha. He has more talent around him than ANY OTHER SUPERSTAR. Not to mention all these guys played great defense, GS didnt really have that great of an offensive game, especially in the fourth imo.

I hate how people wanna put the underdog narrative to this dude so bad, it makes me sick. I like the guy as a person, hes great. But this is ridiculous.

tc0330, Hard_foul, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have half a mind to photoshop CP3 onto every face here but I won’t.

5. don grahamleone

What’s up with that? Your bias I’m guessing.

6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I hear you, and in the big picture you’re mostly right. But I’m just talking about yesterday. There’s a reason GS were underdogs even before Klay and Looney went down.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yep, my bias as a Rockets fan - watching another golden opportunity be wasted... :(

i guess I'll just join the "well GSW is one of the greatest teams ever assembled - so its alright that we lost...."

BaselineFade and BigShasta like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You tell me. 95% of the Raptors offense goes through Kawhi? Is he sabotaging the team because someone else is initiating the offense? Tell me what YOU saw

9. don grahamleone

Just because you have an opinion as a fan doesn't make your opinion right. Harden sagging creates an advantage that we're able to use. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You don't like it so you seem to be saying that Harden sagging on plays and creating 4 on 4 is what caused us to lose and that he didn't care. That's your bias because you seem to want to blame one guy for the failure of the team. It's impossible to measure 'care' but I do agree that he doesn't appear to be engaged. I'm guessing if his defender believed he didn't care and stopped guarding Harden, we would have seen that he was engaged during those plays and that the opportunity to show he was engaged didn't come. The 4 left on the court are to blame as well. They should have made plays and put the ball in the basket.

I personally think our issue was defense, but the prevailing stats seem to indicate that our failure was mostly pivoting on whether our rebounding was effective or not. Who knows, but I know our biases aren't ever going to be 100% correct. So when you said, "what's up with that" regarding Harden sagging, you bias is what's up with that. That's it. Doesn't make you a bad fan or something, you're just jumping to conclusions because you're butthurt over losing to those bastards again. I'm butthurt too, I get it. I just called out your bias because 4 on 4 does work historically. It just didn't against GS this time because of a few close plays that could have gone another way with just a few minor differences. Draymond just makes plays on defense. We should be doing whatever we have to do to exploit a weakness he has. We just haven't found it yet, but it is there.

Failure isn't failure if you learn from it. At least we played them to 5-5 this year in the 10 games we faced them. There is improvement.

kjayp likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

I got you.They had a great game. But 4 all stars played in that game for their side. I’m not heavily surprised they won, especially when the raptors shoot poorly. They were never really outgunned per say, Raptors were favored, then their Center got hurt and DEMARCUS COUSINS CAME IN.

#110 HP3, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He didn't take over. No KD, No Klay and Curry was average down the stretch. Did Kawhi choke? Did Kawhi quit ( like he did on the Spurs after faking an injury)? Why didn't he close out the easliy beatable Golden St. Warriors? Since it obviously only takes one guy.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Why even respond to that troll. His whole schtick is to claim Harden quit. It's like arguing with a LOF.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're right man. Sometimes I just can't help myself. It's amusing really.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

What's a LOF?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jeremy Lin only fan

Blurr#7 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Life of Faried.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or arguing with a drunk.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Answer the initial question. Where did Kawhi pout & stop competing because someone else had the ball? I'll wait

19. riko

riko Member

Don’t act dumb. It’s obvious you are trolling

20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I actually don’t have a clue what a LOF is. No need to be rude.