1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey comments on roster depth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MettaWorldPete, Nov 27, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not in the West.

But Danny Green has won a ring with 3 different franchises, his off court impact will be tremendous - new culture and confidence.

And Tyrese Maxey, Seth Curry, Shake Milton, Isaiah Joe, Justin Anderson, Paul Reed are all great complementary players around the 76ers core of:

7'1 Embiid
    6'10 Simmons
    6'8 Tobias Harris
    6'6 Danny Green
    6'5 Matisse Thybulle

That is lockdown lengthy defense by every starter + 3ball shooting all around Ben Simmons.

Dwight does nothing for me, just another rotation piece, not really complementary IMO.

JoeBarelyCares and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I see your point, I guess after watching that squad get swept in the playoffs by the Celtics Im not too confident they have the chemistry to make it work. The new additions for me dont change what the nucleus can do, but its hard to gage what experience will do for the youth on the team.

East is filled with parity.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, but that was a ill fitting team with Horford and Richardson playing big minutes with Embiid, Horford and Simmons clogging the lane.

And in last season playoffs, 76ers did not have Ben Simmons. He was injured.

4. Fefo

Fefo Member

SO... you where saying wbrick had plenty of value? haha
    We could barely get a protected first from washington and a broken pg who cant shoot. Awesome!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's not nothing. It's a FRP and now I bet Washington makes the playoffs. He and Beal will be fine.

6. Fefo

Fefo Member

That's not nothing, but that's not even close to plenty haha.
    We got the worst contract in the league ( 132 m over 3 years) and 1 protected first.
    And dont get me wrong, i like Wall, and i really hope he comes back at full strength , i always been a fan, but he is not a good fit ( cant shoot, needs the ball in his hands, kinda reminds me of someone...)
    Washington may make the playoffs, but don't you think that may have something to do with the fact that they are in the east and john wall didn't even play a game last season. They added an all star guard this season and they have a decent young core, so maybe they can fight for the 7th\8th seed.
    The top 6 is pretty much set, with Milwakee, Philly, Toronto, Boston, miami and the nets. The 7th and 8 th seed are open for grabs, with indiana, the wizz, the hawks being quite close, so they may make it next year.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm right. Westbrook had plenty of value. We got a FRP and a healthy John Wall for him. If you want to find a way to hate on this, please do but leave me out of it. I was right. And I'll be right that Westbrook will take the Wizards to the playoffs.

8. Fefo

Fefo Member

Donald? is that your cf account haha
    Some people think they are always right, no matter if they are proven wrong.
    Stay delusional. cheers