1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey can't handle stupidity on the part of other GMs.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 9, 2012.

1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

A few weeks ago Orlando could have had rebuild-in-a-box with multiple first round picks, choice of young players, expiring contracts AND the ability to purge their own bad contracts. Now they're about to get some even more garbage picks, a bad contract, and they're going to keep the awful turkeyglue contract.

Morey can't deal with stupid. (Or being Stern'd, but that's an overdone complaint by now)

1 person likes this.
  2. emjohn

emjohn Member

Tweeners win championships, not superstars or legit centers! Stoopid other GMs!

1 person likes this.
  3. mazinger

mazinger Member

In before DD and how we should have overpaid Dragic and how much Lowry and Aski suck.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Stoopid post is stoopid.

The Rockets could have traded 3 picks to Orlando that would all likely have been higher than any of the 3 picks they are going to get in this deal they are about to make.

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Completely agree. The hesitation of trading Howard before the draft and now having to settle for crap from the nets is an idiotic move by orlando's new GM. He blew it and now has to deal with this awful offer.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm ok with not renting dwight. as rocket fans we know how hard is it to acquire a superstar. well if we got dwight, how the hell would we land a second start to pair him with? without a second star he would surely leave next summer and sign with NJ or LA anyway, and we would've given up all of our assets for nothing. let alone his back problems now... no thanks.

call me crazy, i would much rather move all old/high priced players for cap space and picks. play the lotto and rebuild like the thunder and bulls did.

1 person likes this.
  7. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Tweeners heart Chandler! Replace red rowdies with screaming girls!

8. rocketfaithful

Personally I think we should thank our lucky stars that the Magic are stupid. We would have given up our future for a half year rental since he probably wont be healthy until the all star break.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The Orlando GM is very young and had just taken over when the Rockets were ready to make a deal. Had we gotten Howard, you can bet that Dragic would be back.

If morey did make any mistakes it was thinking he could get a deal done so quickly... and not anticipating the apprehension of the Magic GM.

Regardless, Morey would have given up more for Howard... I am actually kind of glad we will not have to deal with Howard, his back, his contract status and personality... we would have basically gutted our team....

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

The true stupidity is creating a 2nd super team within your own conference

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Guys seriously...the fact is that if you can land one superstar...the flood gates open...Thats why Morey has given his soul to the devil...acquiring one star makes a huge difference...If Morey was able to convince the ORL GM to pull the trigger...DWill would have given us a chance, a consideration. If not DWill, Nash would have considered playing here (if you recall, the Amare and Nash Pick and roll was one of the games best)...once you get the big fish, everything else sometimes just falls into place...while the risk is enormous...the Rockets not trying would have been an epic fail...just imo...

Now ORL is stuck btwn a rock and a hard place, what to get back for Dwight??? Bynum is not willing to stick around in ORL...so plan B is NJ...and the ORL mgmt is clearly getting "robbed" on value. The Rockets "picks" were an asset before the draft...b/c a team can shape their franchise how they desire with picks.

IMO when ORL looks back in history at this moment...this was the draft class that had promise in the NBA...Cant fault Hennigan...but what do people say??

HIND SIGHT IS ALWAYS 20-20.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

so......many.......dots..........................................................

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol...just my style...i have done that forever...its a bad habit...but something that i use to distinguish online posts...;)

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't even get why NJ's picks would be desirable - they are pretty much guaranteed to not be lottery for at least another 6-8 years. If Houston gave up 3 future first rounders after acquiring Howard, you at least know that a Howard led team in Houston will probably suck for at least once year because frankly we gutted our roster to get him. No PG, a crappy SG in Martin, some role player SFs, and Scola or Patterson at the 4, no real good FAs left in the market. That team doesn't seem particularly strong in the West. Really - Brook Lopez is not that good. Orlando's GM is a complete idiot - in fact, I'm not even sure what is going on at this point. Orlando fires their coach and old GM, brings in a 30 yr old absolute rookie and gives him the keys to the future of basketball in Orlando? Who does that?

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

What picks do we actually have to offer ?

I thought our own 1st next year was owed to somebody ? is it protected ?
    Dallas pick - Not very hopeful on that one anytime soon
    Toronto pick - Best we have but could still only be around 12-14

What else ?

Seems they don't really value our rookies like most of us here do

16. psingh34

psingh34 Member

yes bc morey believes that by stockpiling tweeners he is going to win championships .. bc morey isnt trying to get a superstar based on that belief .. bc morey is saying i am not trying to get a superstar bc I have tweeners . if that all was true so would your sarcasm .. too bad its not

17. GATER

GATER Member

What Morey "can't handle" is the fact that 29 other teams don't rank the Rockets' assets as highly as he does.

It's something a few brave souls highlight on this board only to be largely criticized by the masses of MOFs.

1 person likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ok, it's easy to sit at your computer and say you would have done that trade with the Rockets, if you were the Orlando GM.

But it's not so easy to part with a superstar.

Besides, what if a better offer came along after the Dwight Howard deal would have been done? You'd never know if you traded all your eggs in that one basket.

19. solid

solid Member

No kidding! A really bad idea.