1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Calm the eff down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Beautiful post

bmelo likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My assumption is if the Rockets get Melo, he is starting at SF next to PJ Tucker. Are you saying that if the Rockets get Melo he might not start if Gordon is traded for a SF?

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yeah lets hope so

And he signed injury prone cp3 to 40% of our cap/4 yr max

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nobody could have predicted that Lebron wanted to go become an actor instead of competing for a championship with his best friend. Or that Paul George would go back to a super-dysfunctional organization in a trailer park town instead of chasing Lebron to the land of glamor.

I am 0% mad.

sammy likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Warriors have many if their players taking deep discounts so that they can stay together for one more run at the hardware. Our 2 main guys want the max, leaving little for everybody else. It makes you think what the actual priorities are.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ehhhhh who's our group right now?

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But it went from a blank check a month ago to value contracts again. What gives Maury?

Trackwell likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Melo at the 4 is fine. He's taking the spot Ryan Anderson filled last year to start the season. Tucker goes back to the bench but still logs 30+mpg. Melo at the 3 sounds like a problem.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nobody except for literally everybody not affiliated with the Rockets or this message board apparently lol.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There are certain players Morey and Fertita will break the bank for. Signing Ariza and Luc at those price points makes it harder to make a move later for a guy like Butler if you need to take back salary. I've seen plenty of people calling Fertita cheap. Morey has made it clear that he plans to do something by the deadline.

Trackwell, Handles and Plowman like this.
  11. sammy

I had a hard time believing that he would even throw away even one season at 33 going on 34. I was dead wrong.

12. hakeemthagreat

Are you comparing MCW to these guys? Lol. Livingston can't shoot 3's but he's a big guard that uses his size to post up and shoot over defenders. Iggy is a SF/PF that can guard every position, much like PJ. What is MCW?

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks for creating a list. curious if there is any interest in James Nunnally? Seems to be a fit (3 and D) and the type of addition that Morey excels at. Can jump, and has a quick/sweet outside shot.

14. hakeemthagreat

What happens when he's intentionally left open and bricks multiple shots, which eventually costs us a game or playoff series?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey: "Here are all of our current wings"
    // Points to white canvas

ico4498, Reeko, sammy and 3 others like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A lot of people here had a hard time believing it even though every report said it.

It was similar to this board during Durant, Melo and Aldridge free agencies of the past. All the reports are saying somewhere else, posters here attack those reporters and come up with elaborate theories about why it's all a game of leverage and the player really is coming to Houston.

YOLO likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Total revisionist history. People had no idea what Lebron would do at the start of the offseason. People were kicking around Boston, Philly, staying in Cleveland.... even Miami. I live in Salt Lake City and general consensus here was .... nothing.

The Lakers emerged as a front runner towards July 1 but it wasn't even that clear cut after he was making statements like "I want to stay in championship mode", "I want to play with high IQ players", "I care about my legacy", etc.

Not saying he was coming to Houston, just that we had as good of a chance as anyone.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What about the words from the original post 'Obviously MCW is not Livingston or Iggy...' do you not understand?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

When you have two of the best playmakers of all time on the team - guys with limited offensive skills will reap the benefits. The comp to Shawn Livingston or even Iggy is a great example in that regard - dudes who can't shoot but that matters less because they play okay defense, and the elite offensive players around them get them easy shots regardless because of all the defensive attention the stars attract.

then you shouldn't really have had this in your post

20. sammy

I never thought we had any chance with KD. We all knew Melo was about that NY life so that wasn't surprising when he leveraged us and others to get the 5 year deal that he wanted all along. I never got too hyped up about LMA.. that never felt close.

Lebron said that he wanted to remain in championship mode and to play with high basketball iq guys. I also thought KD's decision would have played a huge role in picking us. The Chris Paul angle. It all made sense.

Then we heard Harden basically did not recruit him at all. Well yeah we had no chance then at all.. I just didn't know it.