1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and Yao are not on the same page

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boby, Feb 22, 2009.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Have you been watchin all season we could barely beat these teams a couple of months ago.

2. choujie

choujie Member

Let's see. Alston was averaging 12 assists in his last two games. When other players move like they do right now, Alston finds open shooters too. But that hasn't been the case for many games so far this season.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I said "at home".

And please tell me how that is laughable. Are we watching the same games? Rafer NEVER drives and dishes in the paint...one he goes to the hoop, he shoots teardrops. Lowry made 3 or 4 good passes in the paint today. Rafer also was really bad on the fast break, while Lowry looked much better running the break tonight

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Strangely enough
    I think that team went to the 1st Round of the playoffs
    and lost to a team WITH 4 HALL OF FAMERS ON IT
    and
    Since then . . .who have they beaten in the 1st round?
    Who have they LOST TO in the 1st round?

i'm sorry . . .5~8 extra wins in the regular season
    dont mean ISH TO ME . . not impressive at all
    esp since they probably would have won that many more
    the following season where they really started to gel

BTW - Since then they have had 'more talented' teams
    yet the results are the same. . . .

so . . in a word. . . put that in ya pipe and SMOKE IT
    No team since that squad has accomplished ANY thing more
    oh . .. a 22 game streak . . then a 1st round exit

Rocket River

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sorry, but until Yao begins to be more of a leader for this team, he doesn't deserve to be asked his opinion about potential trades.

Don't get me wrong -- he plays very well and is obviously the focal point of the team. But wanting a say in personnel decisions is asking a bit much.

6. boby

boby Member

Fact is Yao was not consulted before trade, which was reported both in Chinese and US media.
    This showed little respect from Rockets management.

7. choujie

choujie Member

We could barely beat those teams mainly because it was a different team. Last several games with Rafer and without Tmac, we played well enough to beat those teams easily.

8. boby

boby Member

Also good point!

9. smilefish88

smilefish88 New Member

不会有那么多中国人吧

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No doubt
    If it is TMAC or Yao

YAO by a LARGE MARGIN!!!

Rocket River

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sure Yao will change his tune if this team advances further than the past Rockets teams.

This is what he said tonight after the game when asked if this rockets team has "turned the corner"

"Yeah, I feel that. This is our second four-game winning streak during the season and we want to keep rolling. But that can fall (apart) pretty quick if you’re not prepared or ready for the next game. I think my teammates understand that we have enough this season. We need to keep the same intensity we had in the game today and the past couple games, and I trust myself and my teammates to do that."

--LINK

Sounds to me that he still believes that the team has enough this season and that they are starting to gel together and build trust

12. Blake

Yao isn't a GM. He was PISSED when Steve was traded, but he signed an extension...and Steve was an all-star, not a decent starting PG.

If AB and Lowry continue to play solidly and we keep winning, I think he will calm down.

I can't believe I am even discussing an article without quotes from SINA :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. boby

boby Member

Then how did Tmac got different treatment? Ooops, I forgot he lead us passed first round. My bad.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

4 game wining streak. 2 without rafer. Higher shot percentages without t-mac and rafer and better defense.

15. Blake

The PG defense is debatable. Rafer wasn't a good defender, especially against the pick and roll, but Brooks and Lowry got TORCHED by Barea...but hopefully they improve

16. choujie

choujie Member

Yao is a veteran now. No matter how you feel about Yao, he's the #1 guy on this team. Big trades without consulting him shows some disrespect from management team. Even though Yao doesn't have that big an ego, he's a guy takes pride in himself.

I was certain Yao will remain a Rocket for life. But I'm not so sure now. Yao left Nike for Reebok because he felt uncomfortable with Nike.

Winning cures everything though.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yep. This is also what I saw Yao in these two games.

I don't think the author of this article in sina really knows the bball.

18. worzel gummidge

19. boby

boby Member

As a side note, CD consulted with Yao before trade SF3 with Tmac. CD showed a lot more respect towards Yao compared with Morey. Morey was even reluctant to say Yao is the leader of this team to Chinese media.

20. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

It isn't but it is not accurate.