1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and Les are idiots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Jul 2, 2016.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

Signing 39+ year olds to multi-year contracts not only shows ownership's commitment to the city of Houston, but to the successful future of Houston basketball.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Do you know what "team option" means?

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Took you this long to figure this out? Dang man that was quick. You should make a thread about it

Wait

4. Raven

Raven Member

Les isn't stupid, he just doesn't want to rebuild. He wants to win enough reg season games to get that playoff cash. He wants to do this without paying the luxury tax. He wants a star, because stars sell tickets. He wants an uptempo game for the same reason.

BTW, have the Rockets ever paid the luxury tax? If so, how much?

5. Sanity2disChaos

Honestly,how stupid do they think us fans are!! People won't buy tickets to see this team like they hVe in ths past few years.

6. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

yeah because what he did in college is exactly want he will do in the pros. Simmons will be better than Harden in 4 years book it.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wasn't he injured then coming in to back up Biyombo?

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Na ba

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Steady mixin up a couple big goofy white dudes

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Yes, and Shaq was better than Hakeem mid-90s. We get it. Make an account, act like things are awful, disappear and never be seen again. I hope you enjoy all the attention you get for your negativity.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Naw, they're alright.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they fail this season, I would call them fools

13. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

They finished with the eighth seed with a dysfunctional roster and zero impact coaching. They signed guys that fit a system. Let's give it a chance to work. The upside might be a Portland type season. No one is beating the Warriors or Spurs anyway. There are six other seeds for the taking. Let's play for one.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody's paying the luxury tax now if they can help it, the luxury tax rules now increase the penalty from 1 dollar upwards every year you are in tax.

Also, there is no correlation between paying the tax and contention, best teams like Spurs, OKC and GSW aren't paying the tax even Mavs haven't paid the tax in forever. OTH teams like NYC who aren't even contenders paid the luxury tax almost every year.

BTW have you been living under a rock? You know what happened with GSW, Cavs? Tell me exactly what the Rox could have done to put a team better than what Cavs and GSW has right now, the contention is window is tightly closed for the next 2 years.

1 person likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But but we had arguably the best Center and the best SG lol :grin:

16. don grahamleone

Go ahead, argue. I'm waiting.

[​IMG]

Even if you're joking, I want to hear it.

[​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can spin the narrative either way dude.

Before last season if people told you they were happy with a 8th seed with Howard and Harden even at their worst.

I am sure most people would have laughed in our faces.

I know what happened but Les and Morey were in this mess together.

You can call them what you want but they are not Gods if they achieve second seed or 59 wins.

And surely they are not completely idiots either, but I would still call them fools for wasting time, not going through the draft, picking in the Top 5.

The best jokes are always played out during the season, offseason is just a boring time.

18. don grahamleone

I wanted to hear the argument that Howard was the best center in the NBA last year. I don't care about Morey and Alexander for this part. They're still part of the team that didn't quit on the Rockets. Howard on the other hand, admitted it.

But I'd be happy to spin everything our way so long as it's current Rockets staff or players. I'm no hater. Die-hard? Yes. Stupid fanatic? Yes. Homer?

[​IMG]

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Last season was a disaster no doubt, but Morey has had enough success during his tenure here that I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt; i.e. wait until the season has ACTUALLY STARTED before judging.

not exactly thrilled with this offseason, but the Rockets still have one of the best players in the NBA and he seems to have been working on his game this summer, as opposed to last summer. we have players that any team in the NBA wouldn't mind to have on their roster in Bev, Ariza, Gordon, and Anderson, albeit they may not be starters on contending teams. Capela is a promising player who could turn into a reliable starting center. Hopefully Donatas can come back into form and really be a great help in our big man rotation. Harrel, KJ, and Dekker are putting together a nice run in Summer League and could actual produce quality minutes off the bench for us.

Defense wins championships, that much is true. We don't have it. As much as I wish we did, we don't. We have a decent team that is capable of making noise however. We may have lost Dwight, but that could be addition by subtraction as now there will be less tension in the locker room which has underrated impact on the game.

I can see this team doing fine and getting a 5th or 6th seed and sneaking into the second round even.

1. GSW (65-70 wins)
    2. SAS (60-65)
    3. LAC (55-60)
    4. POR (50-55)
    5. HOU (45-55)
    6. UTA (45-55)
    7. MEM (45-55)
    8. OKC (40-45)

Those are some very arbitrary win predictions and the math may not even allow that to be possible. Golden State, San Antonio, and Portland are locks to win their divisions, only Utah poses a threat to Portland, but I think Portland takes it. The Clippers are the best remaining team after the division winners and so they'll go through in the top 4 as well. If Memphis stays healthy, then they'll probably go through over us, but I don't see how that'll happen. I think there will be a three way race between Houston, Memphis, and Utah for the 5th seed. As far as the playoffs go, I think we could potentially beat LAC or POR, which means we should really try and stick to the 5th or 6th seed.

Or we win 25 games and tank for some player who will probably be a bust.

20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You're mistaken about the Spurs, OKC and GSW not paying luxury tax.

In the '15-'16 season, 7 teams had to pay luxury tax:

Cleveland - $54M

LA Clippers - $19.9M

Golden State - $14.8M

Oklahoma City - $14.5M

San Antonio - $4.9M

Houston - $4.9M

Chicago - $4.2M

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16719485/cleveland-cavaliers-owe-54-million-luxury-taxes