1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Morey and Les are idiots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Jul 2, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They haven't been under the cap in years. I'm assuming you meant luxury tax, but they were over that last year as well and this year will pay way more salary than ever.

The les is cheap arguments continue to be the highlight of stupidity on this board.

No, the star chasing and refusal to rebuild complaints are valid.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure they will help. Help us win games? Yes. Help us win in the 2nd round? No.

Exactly.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still more concerned about coaching and system than the actual players to be honest with you.

I would say not worried but an issue at hand.

I just cannot imagine total Offense with just 7 seconds on the clock.

That would be crazy. :eek:

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

within the first 7 seconds I mean

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right now the bigger issue is talent than coaching.

You had Harden and some young role players in Capela. You have your reclaim project in Beasley. And you have some other decent role players in Bev and Ariza who would make good bench players. And then there is the Dmo question mark.

So you have 1 super star starter, and one role player starter in Capela, you have a role player question mark in Dmo, and you have 3 guys who make a decent bench.

Now with Gordon and Anderson you get another two role players - good ones for sure, but definitely still role players because of the fact they are not very multi-faceted (namely when it comes to play D).

I'd say this team needs a superstar still to compete. And it's just very hard to get that - and that's a big gap from contention.

You look at GS compared to us. You have Harden and Curry - let's say that's a wash. Then whom on our team as it stands is a wash with Green or Klay? That's the problem.

Look at OKC. Adams, WB, and now Odalipo....if Durant and Harden are a wash, their next 3 top players are better than our next top player (who is presumably Gordon).

Look at the Cavs. Lebron is ahead of Harden, and Irving is ahead of anyone else on our team. Not to mention Love and Thompson are better than Ryan and Clint.

So if you want to talk about contenders we are very far short. And the problem isn't that these aren't solid moves, the problem is that I can't see how we can now close the gap with the top 4 or 5 teams in the league. We're kinda stuck.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah, Lou, I wasn't talking about contention, I was talking about saving face.....

not to be an embarrassment, I think this team even with mustache less Pringles would achieve that.

Getting probably respect back barring major injuries of course

Then that would be another 9th or 10th seed

if the Timberwolves indeed get Gasawl and with Thibs

Utah is also contending for the 8th or 9th seed again

a lot of competition

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prepped. Great post.

8. Rumps

Rumps Member

I guess Dekker and McDaniels have no way of improving under the new regime and a year under their belt sans Dekker's time missed due to injury. :rolleyes:

Look, I understand people's plight of watching your team struggle to make it as an 8th seed just so they become repeating one and done team in the playoffs, but what else are the Rockets supposed to do? They have one of the best scorers in the league locked up for two more seasons and then he's most likely gone.

Yes, lets hire one of the best offensive minded coaches and pure scorers coupled together, so lets surround them with good defense. Umm...no.

Ph*ck it. I say go get another offensive weapon and call it good.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

there is no path to a ring with Harden

not because Harden isn't good enough, but because there is no means of getting a 2nd star to join him

most stars resign with existing teams, and those that don't aren't going to choose Houston

and we will never be bad enough to draft a second star as long as Harden is on the roster

Les may understand this and just wants to field a team that will sell tickets (which is fine). But if rings are the goal, he should trade Harden for a top 3 pick and rebuild.

10. chandlerbang21

Like many i see harden leaving to be a diva with the lakers. Then the rebuild can start.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Les is daring and clueless.

Morey is not as resourceful and charismatic as people have thought and surely is no God GM

Neither is an idiot but close to being NBA average, mediocre fools

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Anderson is not a ballhog....

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think there is a way to sell immeasurable numbers of tickets and field a bad team striving for a high lottery 1st round pick.

There is only one way to the highway.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Anderson's game was best suited with prime Dwight Howard and a good PG.

15. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I honestly think (and the obvious)Rockets are gearing up for 2017 free agency . Ariza ,Bev, Brewer can be easily moved next year . Cap will be bigger.If Durant signs a one plus one will he talk to us next year ? Can they sign also Westbrook with our 2 new ex Pelicans FA signings and trading our other players to make it work ? Think Daryl will sell us on that ....Lots of talk about next season options.

16. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

There's a lot of awesomeness in this post

17. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets did not pay a luxury tax for last season.

18. nobie

nobie Member

I just think they are unsure what to do this season, team fell apart last season, so they are evaluating the situation.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

These moves, starting with firing McHale, were not my idea.
    -Morey

We're gonna be awesome because we got a REAL coach. I read it on ClutchFans.
    -Les

20. dwhite

dwhite Member

How can anyone say that Les and Daryl are not doing a steller job after their signing of that 40 year old point guard this week. They seem to know what their doing and we are on the cusp of a championship. Keep upthe great work Rockets!!!