1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and Les are idiots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMO (DJ remix), Jul 2, 2016.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Only one losing season!

Or something like that.

:p

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are not building a contender, we are building a playoff team hoping to sneak into the 2nd round.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

We were in the playoffs this past season. Did you think we were competitive? Were you happy with last season?

4. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

ballhog? rofl

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This. We aren't actually building a contender; we're just trying to be "competitive". Because building contenders isn't easy and it takes time; Les wants it fast and easy.

1 person likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sadly, this is true.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is lacking vision.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He just doesn't understand the game at all. In fairness to him, he bought a team, and it won a championship. He has no idea of what it means to build a championship team.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

At least we aren't the mavs. Haven't done anything since the title

10. do work son

do work son Member

you'd rather us blatantly tank like the sixers? because they're having such good luck getting free agents after they stacked assets.

11. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

According to the OP, only idiots can buy and run NBA franchises.

12. CertifiedTroll

I wish I was smart enough that I could call a MIT graduate an idiot. Sadly, I do not think I am qualified.

13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You can't build a contender when you have a franchise player already on your roster unless you sign or trade for another elite player. It is what it is.

14. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

I will agree that the Rockets struck out this off season. My guess is Morey tried to low ball Horford. There are no more good PG or C remaining. Unless we can do a trade mid-season or pull someone from Europe, we'll suck. We'll score over 100 ppg, but will surrender 5-10 points more and be another average ass team.

15. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

you wont be saying that in 2 years when simmons is dominating.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All of you guys bashing the OP were some of the main ones complaining. What up with that? Everyone here has been thinking or saying the same thing for the past few days.
    It's true. You would think people in their positions would make better decisions. This kinda goes for Houston sports period.

17. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I don't know what magic wand you guys want ownership to wave to get your desired players. With Al Horford would we have beaten the Spurs, Thunder or Warriors in a 7 game series? Probably not.

Remember Golden State with Mark Jackson? Mediocre team with shooters and potential, but Kerr changes the culture and they are who they are.

Who would have thought that OKC would have knocked off the Spurs last summer after they acquired LA and lost nothing? You? Probably not.

I don't have a problem with us playing to our strengths and putting more offense around one of the best offensive players in the league.

Maybe, just maybe D'Antoni changes the culture of a team that made it to the WCF only 2 years ago and they do something amazing.

Will they beat the Spurs or Warriors in a 7 game series? Probably not but tell me who the freak we could have added in order to get that done. LeBron? KD? Steph? Kahwai?

Relax and enjoy the ride. I'm looking forward to watching this team no matter much of a failure they are at black magic.

TAHDAHHHHHHH!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

We as a fan base need a hard look in the mirror.

Horford's Dad said Al told him "Dad, when we play them, they can be down by 15 and their fans are going crazy like they're up 50."

We stomp Boston in terms of population. But they bring the fan support for the Patriots, the Red Sox and the Celtics like very few sports markets. They can pat their head, rub their belly, walk and chew gum at the same time.

Meanwhile we always surrender to the norm that we're a football town and that will never change. There are some great historical regions of sports fans in the US. We should be one of them. It doesn't even matter how much we suck for years and years. Our loyalty should be to the sport. You can kick rocks and spit and cuss when talking about a GM or an organization or an owner, but you can still be loyal to the sport and bring the furver.

If you're a regular on CF, you're already leaps and bounds above the average local sports fan. But perhaps we can all deputize ourselves and try a little harder to spread the gospel of loving the game. Irrespective of how we're built next season or how low you may grade the Rockets brass, we need to be heard next year. We need to make the whole NBA shake from our roar that Houston has always been and will always be a city with deep hoops roots and hoops love.

Go Rockets. Phi Slamma Jamma. How Sweet It Is. Never Under Estimate the Heart of a Champion. H-Town Love.

#38 cdrive, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    3 people like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is they repeat their mistakes and never seem to learn from them.

Oh yeah, we threw money at Lin and Asik, now threw some money at Anderson and Gordon because nobody else wants to join us.

This vicious cycle is continuing until someone major is fired or forced to sell the team.

20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member