1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey’s Secret Target – Eric Bledsoe (+ Millsap + PJ Tucker)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, May 8, 2014.

1. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Lin has a negative trade value so you have to attach picks with him for someone to take him.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The suns will never let him go. They'd let Dragic walk before Bledsoe and fortunately for them, they don't even have to choose.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bledsoe at 14 mil a year is crazy. He's good, but hasn't proven that he's worth that amount yet.

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Bledsoe would be a great target for houston, for all the reasons you said, he fits the bill. Young, underrated (mostly), athletic, great defender, he is big enough to play 2 guard as well if they want to play him next to Beverley in a defense first back court. He also would command a normal max, not a super max deal. Even without the Tucker/Millsap additions, a lineup of Bledsoe, Harden, Parsons, Jones, Howard would be pretty fearsome, especially when you factor in that its not unreasonable to expect Parsons and Jones to continue to improve.

Unfortunately I just dont see Phoenix giving him up. Not saying its impossible, but it's sort of like the Harden situation, except Phoenix has not committed big money to anyone else at this point, so it'd be very surprising if they felt like they couldn't afford to keep him.

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

If he wasn't restricted yes morey would get him.

I don't see suns letting him go. He is a possible top ten talent. And that type of talent won't sign there, so they can't let him go.

Maybe pardons , Lin, and draft picks attract them, but I doubt it

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

you have to make salaries match so it makes sense. Lin would do well under Hornacek's system

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only way the Suns would hesitate even just a bit is if the Rockets offered Bledsoe a max extension and I don't think Morey can do that without the caproom available first.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Bledsoe, Harden, Parsons, Jones and Howard? That would be a pretty good lineup, especially if we have Beverley coming off the bench to continue to keep up the defensive pressure. Or the backcourt combo of Beverley/Bledsoe like another poster suggested.

Or, imagine a lineup of Beverley, Bledsoe, Parsons, Asik and Howard. Now that is just getting kind of ridiculous and we wouldn't score very much, but neither would the other team!

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

And even if he could the first question would be whether or not he should. I like Bledsoe and would like him on our team, but I'm not convinced that he is worth a max deal.

10. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

While I like all three players, and think you are smart to rate Bledsoe/Tucker highly, it's puzzling to me how could you underrate TJ so much(guess the recency effect of Portland series is prevailing).

There're true allstars underpaid at max, and there're high upside highly productive rookie contract prospects, and the rest of the league is fairly valued or overvalued. Among all the players you discussed, TJ should have the highest trade value and would only be included for superstars like Love. I'd surprised if TJ doesn't develop into near allstar level player in the forseeable future.

Milsap, Tucker and Parsons used to be underrated, but are fairly or overrated(Parsons with his upcoming high salary contract) in today's market.

Only Bledsoe, with his superior advanced stats(at least pre-injury)/young age/athleticim, could be a potential bargain with new max contract IMO. And even that is not garanteed.

11. bmd

bmd Member

They would if he was in a trade with Parsons.

12. faraza84

faraza84 Member

The suns would want Asik to atleast start the conversation.

13. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Morey finally broke his Twitter silence

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
    It's just a game we play so being over dramatic sounds silly but it doesn't change that it is painful. I feel like I let Rockets fans down

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
    That said,we will work tirelessly 2B back stronger next year. The 2011 NBA champion lost in 1st round 4-2 the year before so it can be done

14. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think pretty highly of Terrence Jones and think he can be much better. However, in order to get Millsap, we need to give something substantial. Asik at 8.3 million on the cap ($15 million overall) is slightly positive value, while Millsap's contract at $9 million is a great bargain. Why would they trade Millsap for peanuts when he just had the best season ever? Also, Millsap has been one of the top 10-20 players using advance stats when it comes to winning. If we can get Bledsoe + Millsap, it should be a no-brainer to give up TJ. Tucker on the other hand is someone we need. A defender that can shoot 3s. He is what he is and this is why he'll get paid $3-4 million per year this summer.

15. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

Don't go overboard. Dragic is a top 10 player this year and a fan favorite. He is their #1 priority.

You could've said the same thing about Harden 2 years ago.

We have such a divide on this board. Half think that he's definitely worth the max and the other half thinks that he hasn't proven himself and should get less. This may also be the thinking in Phoenix. They may even prefer a young and upcoming SF over Bledsoe.

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao. You guys act like other teams will just hand over good players lol. Thats not how the NBA works. We have to have a package good enuff to trade, and right now Parsons is the only decent chip we have. Asik & Lin are NOT valued around the league the way they are on clutchfans. It'll be a lot harder to get a good player than you guys think

17. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

Agreed (except I think Asik does still have positive value even with his contract status). Anyway, we need to give up good players for other teams' good players. I really don't see us upgrading without giving up Parsons, unless it's something like sign and trade Carmelo for Asik + Lin + TJ + 2 first round pick + 2 second round picks, or something close to this.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

PJ Tucker is a restricted free agent, so is Bledsoe.

19. Medicine N Music

Supporting Member

You're right about PJ Tucker. I fixed it. Thanks.

I think people know about Bledsoe's status. We wouldn't have to trade for him if he was unrestricted.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey said CP will be back next year..