1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Yao News: Yao's NBA Draft Crisis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovethisgametoo, Jun 20, 2002.

1. lovethisgametoo

http://sports.163.com/tm/020620/020620_205088.html

This is an article from netease.com, the NO2 Chinese online news. It talks about an episode of Houston's China trip last week which I have not read elsewhere. It give the detailed story of why Dr. lowe said that

"There were things that worried me on paper that didn't worry me after we saw him in person. "

Anyone has time to translate it to English? I don't have time now...maybe I can try later.

2. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

I have translated some of it at my thread :Yao Ming nearly lost his chance to join NBA

3. lovethisgametoo

Thank you W&S... I had not checked the archive but just now I read the thread you mentioned. Consipiracy or not, it at least tells us that Rockets really cares. It won't hurt, right?

"WIND" and "SEA":

"wind"? I certainly understand the feeling of it: in a Beijing's spring day when you go pass the track field of Renda heading for western dormitories, the strong wind blows to all over you and you can hardly open your eyes....

"sea"? Yes, you are in Hainan and it is surounded by endless and deep-blue sea. But do you still miss the windy season of Renda? I do.

4. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

lovethisgametoo:

Are you a Renda graduate? I haven't visited it for almost 8 years. I heard that everything had been changed there.

5. goodspace

goodspace Member

Everything is getting worse. Renda is no longer among the top universities in China.

6. lovethisgametoo

I graduatd 7 years ago and stayed at BJ until 98. A lot of things have changed at Renda certainly, but in essense not much has really changed. It is a small school like a big yard, and it is still focusing on Social Sciense and it is still highly bureacratic...just my opinion.

Thank you for all the valuable info about Yao. You said you write down all names who offer to treat you if you come to visit Houston? Good idea. Actually your aleady long list can include me, too, if I happen to go to Houston when you are there.