1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More(y) with Les(s)!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, May 3, 2008.

1. franchise?..NOT

In reading some of the after game quotes, it seems like management gets that they have a hard working core of guys.

It has been a fun if bittersweet run.

It will be a really interesting offseason watching how Morey tweaks the team with Tmac and Yao's big contract maxing the team out.

He filled some holes in the draft last year. Let's see if he has any moves this year.

2. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I really don't like the idea of McGrady hanging around... I still think as long as we have him as a Houston Rocket, we'll NEVER get out of the first round. Not that I'm not a believer, I am, but just thinking realistically. :mad:

3. RocketFan

Every year, it will be this from T-MAC (You need to try harder T-Mac, get others involved, but really we needed Yao and better role players...)

If we are healthy next season, WITH T-Mac, and a 3rd proven scorer, alongside Yao and T-Mac, and are STILL ousted in the 1st round, then I say cut off T-MAC! He's bad karma for this team! :(

I mean, maybe not bad karma, because look at Kevin Garnett... for awhile, he couldn't get out of the 1st round, except that one time when they went to the Western Conference Finals against the LA Lakers, so maybe its not karma... :confused:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxT0zI2W7Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XxT0zI2W7Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#3 RocketFan, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2008
  4. RocketFan

We surely need T-MAC to be like this in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Especially in the 3Q last night against the JAZZ.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfurCV1FDpM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfurCV1FDpM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Morey needs to go into this offseason expecting Yao and T-Mac to miss 30 games each next season.

6. RocketFan

This may sound crazy, but maybe since this has never been done in T-MAC's career, we should BENCH McGrady in the 1st Round in the Playoffs, and only when we need an offensive spark, or to maintain a lead, we'll then bring him in the game... and THEN when we get into the 2nd Round, he'll THEN start... :D

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

and last night's 34 pts was!?!!?

tmac needs help

just like kobe had shaq, kobe has pau now...so they are bound to do damage...

don't go blaming him and how we should get rid of him...

last season's playoffs...we had sorry guys...v span, no back up PG, juwan howard...now this year we have rooks going to get stronger...we didn't advance b/c we didn't have help...w/o yao and alston in this game...just wait and see

09 is the year...

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

That clip always makes me feel better.

9. franchise?..NOT

Ahhhhhhhhhh.......... back to the subject.

Any thoughts on how Morey (Mr Moneyball) might play his hand in the offseason?

10. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Same. Best moment in years for a rockets fan

It motivates me a lot when in lag

Never give up a hope

:cool: :cool:

11. franchise?..NOT

Tracy really showed, at least in two qtrs, how he can dominate a game.

I do not know why he has been giving all the lip service to sacrificing his game for the team the last half of the year.

Now the dilema.

Do we spend another year waiting to figure the best way to use his talent in this system or do you trade the guy to any GM who might be licking his chops over last nights performance and is willing to give up talented young vets to diversify and fill our needs?

Tough call.

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Any other Scola's out there? Any undervalued guys to pick up in the draft? What's Newley and Eliyahu up to?

I say first order of business is sign Landry to a long contract. If I'm management, I might even be tempted to give him a long contract with the idea that if he continues to develop toward the end of his contract he could look like a real bargain.

Let's hope that Brooks continues to develop too. I don't know if he could ever be a starter at his size, but he definitely could be good enough to make Bobby Jackson expendable, and thus valuable as trade bait.

Did anyone else feel like they were looking into the future when Novak made some crazy shots toward the end of the game last night? He hit a long 2 while moving away from the basket in the air. If he continues working hard, he could be more than a spot up shooter, and more of a Reggie Miller gunner type. Oh, and he needs to play passable D.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A very wise observation.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

It was a good season but truth is it was adversity after adversity which playes its toll on you during the season did not get better as went on it got worst and worst.

I believe Mike Miller fits in Houston and i believe we can get him with Francis and Jackson despite them not neeing guards isnt the issue the issue is they need expirings more than upper level tallent and they have no other pieces to throw around with Miller to make a serious deal. Memphis is in rebuild mode and can use Jackson and Francis only for their contracts. When you are in rebuild mode you aim for expirings, picks, budget etc which still fits with what im talking about.

15. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member