1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Spanoulis News!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAD444, May 20, 2005.

1. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

OK,,,now u got me ........excited.............can't wait to see thsi guy.......now...all right !could be great ..

3. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

As long as he's as good as Tony Parker I say sign him up. :)

4. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Already posted on another thread.

Thanks. Good news anyway

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sounds like he may not be here next year, but will definitely be here within the next two years.

in another thread it was said that he only would come here if we offered him a 3 year deal. after reading this i tihnk it clears up what was said. he would not turn down a 3 year deal, but short of that he doesn't want to come here only to be cut next year. he would rather play in europe for 2 more years and then come here to stay.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Interesting. If the labor dispute isn't resolved soon, I'm betting he does stay in Europe longer. Not knowing when and if the NBA season will start, and not being able to negotiate with the Rockets for a contract, he might re-sign with his current club, I'd think. He doesn't want to hold out for the NBA and then not work for a year because of a lockout.

8. tested911

tested911 Member

How old is he?

9. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Ill sign him for 3 yrs at 120,000 a year

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Who the hell is he to demand a 3 year guaranteed contract? Man you take what we give you and be happy. JVG or T-mac (or better yet send Yao) to b****-slap this kid.:D

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Keep dreaming.

12. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I think 22.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Who knew how good Tony Paker was a few years ago? This kid might just be the piece the rockets need. Well, at least I hope he is.:D

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, I only see one Euro guards in this league that is making some impact, which is Tony Parker. The rest, Jaric, Beno, and other no names we will have to see about it. The fact the we had him at 50 some pick keeps my expectation low. At least not dreaming we got a Tony Parker in the making right now. The speed of the game is most Euro players esp the guards will problems with in this league, which takes time to adjust. After the Boki experiment, I am just not hyped up about Euro prospects anymore. Remember that was the precious 15th pick. Also remember Tito Maddax?

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You have $360,000 on you? ;)

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

http://www.euroleague.net/leagues04/noticia.jsp?temporada=E04&jornada=25&id=776

Maroussi Honda and AEK Athens will face each other in the best-of-five Greek League semifinals, as both teams survived respective do-or-die situations against Makedonikos and Aris Egnatia Bank in the final and decisive Game 3 of the quarterfinal series.

Maroussi will face AEK in the semifinals series, starting on May 22, in what already is a rematch of last year's semifinals, in which Maroussi swept AEK to move on to the 2004 Greek League finals. Maroussi reached the semifinals by beating Makedonikos 93-81.

Vassilis Spanoulis led the winners with 25 points, 4 assists and 4 steals, while Roderick Blakney added 20 and 4 assists. Makedonikos played without Star forward Pete Mickeal, who was sidelined due to a kidnet problem which forced him to spend the night in a hospital for further examination.

Meanwhile, Maroussi beat Makedonikos 93-81 by rallying from an early 3-18 deficit to seal a ticket for the Greek League semifinals. Maroussi won the series 2-1 despite losing Game 1 in Kozani. Spanoulis led the winners with 25 points, 4 assists and 4 steals, Blakney added 20 and 4 assists, while Larry Stewart had 11 points and 7 rebounds.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So Ginobili is crap? Turkolu (sp?) isn't bad either. To judge all European guards because a few failed is ridiculous. Especially since Tony Parker wasn't exactly the first European guard to be successful (Drazen Petrovic being one), and wasn't even the LAST European guard to experience success,

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok the fact is he was a 50-some-th pick and he never played in US. There is always possobilty we are going to luck out, but like buying lottery everyweek, you just dont bank on it. Our scouting dept is nowhere near the level of Spurs, Dallas, King's based on previous picks.

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Ginobili may be in the mold of a "Euro guard" but he is from Argentina.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

He made his name in Italy.