1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MORE SALT] Dallasbasketball.com article about our win!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roxxfan, Nov 23, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I agree about the Tyson tech but the most over blown complaint about Houston is Harden's free throws. If it was so easy to get to the line why doesn't your team copy the strategy ?

1 person likes this.
  2. sabesque

sabesque Member

And I think WE overreact. Mavs are playing GREAT right now. Dirk doesn't shoot so terribly and they have the third best record in the league. But there is a conspiracy to destroy their franchise? Hahaha

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

What a nice compliment! When Dallas fans hate you...you're winning and doing something right. We beat them with a wounded team , without our two best front court players/defenders. Mavs are soft. The Rockets at full strength can beat you on defense, shooting 3's or on the block. You're welcome lol

4. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Mike, your tears are delicious. I look forward to another helping the next time we play.

5. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

How sweet it is!

6. DouggYsTyLe06

DouggYsTyLe06 Member

LOL these Mav fans are really salty, I happen to be at the game yesterday and sat in front of the "Red Rowdie" equivalent version of dallas fans who drove down here in the rain to talk s**t during the game. It was super annoying, they even did mavs chants and it was kinda embarrassing how many Mavs fans were in there but I kept quiet until we that final buzzer came. That's when everyone let them have it and too see that big huge look of disappointment on all their faces, made the walk to the car in the rain really sweet! F DALLAS MAVS, F DALLAS COWBOYS

7. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

Hey Dallas: Go back to your Heineken and shut the **** up, OK?”

8. bmd

bmd Member

I have no words for how biased that guy is.

And I love that people hate Beverley. You know why they hate him? Players hate him because he makes it very hard for them to do what they want to do. He doesn't let up for a second, and it's very uncomfortable and frustrating.

Ball pressure is very uncomfortable and stressful when someone is swarming you. Most players do it at times. Beverley does it the whole game.

Fans get frustrated with Beverley because they see how much trouble their guy is having with his swarming style if defense, and it's stressful for them to watch. Plus Beverley is a very emotional player and fans of other teams hate seeing an opposing player getting pumped up at their expense.

In short, Beverley is awesome.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Man the toss my Dallas fan base is ****ed.
    "period synchronization" is a term a fellow Clutchfan used who's name I wish i could recall. If the shoe fits, where it mother****ers.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Not gonna read that bullchit

Why even post ehat others are ranting about. We won, lets move on.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

How about the flagrant that wasn't called for Dmo. That was a dirty play

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A fan of Dirk whining about calls Harden gets. That's rich.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Boo hoo, beat some good teams Dallas, you're looking like a pretender.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This! It is tiresome to see people complain about this. If it were this easy to get to the line, then every player in the NBA would be doing it. What's more aggravating is when they claim he has no skill. I don't care if people do not like the way Harden scores, but to say it isn't a skill just shows the lack of basketball knowledge that fan might have.

15. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

I love the hate. We need to get a guy like Rondo and really embrace it. If we got 5 haters today I want 10 by tomorrow.

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It's pretty ridiculous for a Dallas fan to be complaining about officiating when Parsons full on tackled DMo in one of the most obvious flagrant fouls I have seen in two seasons, but only got a common foul. That foul gets called a flagrant if Dirk is hit like that, 100% of the time.

Besides that call, I thought the refs did a pretty good job. A double tech was definitely the correct call on the Harden/Chandler play, and I thought the Devin Harris push was a common foul as well. Parsons' foul on Harden at the end was a definite block. Parsons should have known better. Parsons also didn't want anything to do with a shot in the final minute. He couldn't get the ball out of his hands quick enough. Watching that filled me with warm fuzzies.

What a great win. The Dallas meltdown is just the cherry on the top.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. How many years have I watched Dirk get "fouled" on fadeaways and act like somebody just punched him in the gut? Get over it.

Also, Houston getting calls didn't make the Mavs miss a boatload of shots. And good Lord, you played a team without it's starting PF (ok, not a great PF) and its defensive anchor as well as post presence in its center. And you're complaining about a few FT's that cost you the game? Face it... your sucky play cost you the game early on and then you choked at the end.

I honestly told a co-worker up here in Dallas to enjoy the win because I thought the Mavs would annihilate the Rockets the way we've been playing. Glad to watch the Mavs prove me wrong.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't get why those guys are so upset about the and one. I mean I get it, because they're biased, but no way that's not a blocking foul. Parsons was nowhere near set. He threw himself in front of Harden in an attempt to draw a charge but wasn't able to get his feet down.

Harden lowering his shoulder is irrelevant; his shoulder can be in empty space with no set defender

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And Johnny Cash hates you. Deal with it.

[​IMG]

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Probably the worst thing I learned from this piece was that there are Mavs fans desecrating the Run TMC (and for that matter, the Run-D.M.C.) name by attempting to twist it into a thing that has the 2014 Mavericks in it.

Let's just say I don't imagine the trio of Dirk, Monta, and Chandsome having a wikipedia entry dedicated to them.