1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More pressure on Mavs or Warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ShadyMcGrady, May 2, 2007.

1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

ya exactly..everyone is jumping back on the dallas bandwagon now.."ouu now they just have to win game 6 and force game 7..because game 7 is already given to the mavs..."

OH PLZ..

2. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Dallas Mavericks.

They have to WIN this series or they will forever be looked as a "CHOKE" team.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think they're gonna freak out when they see how rowdy the crowd is...and how much the warriors will feed off it. i think it's gonna be too much and the mavs implode. we'll see. i've certainly been wrong before! just ask my wife!

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Golden State is playing with house money.

Dallas has the pressure

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in this series, who is obviously having more fun? gs or dallas?

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Nice analysis Shady.

I don't think the Warriors have any pressure on them at all...and I think most would agree with this.

If the Mavs lose...Wade will be proven right in his assessment of Dirk, and one of the best regular season teams will be remembered as true chokers.

Go Warriors!!!!

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Exactly, although if the Warriors fail to get it done tonight than I see them having little shot at winning a Game 7 in Dallas. Then, of course, everybody will look back at game 5 and point to them being outscored 15-0 in the final 3 and half minutes as the series turning point. Hopefully, that won't happen and the Warriors win tonight.

But the pressure is still all on the Mavericks.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dallas can't lose anymore games.....they have the pressure on them....

DD

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Last year, Lakers had their opportunity to finish Suns in game 6. They were one rebound away from taking the series but they blew it. From that point the momentum totally shifted back to the Suns.

I think this time it is no different. Mavs have been there many times before. Two years ago, they were beat 2 times at home by Rox and they still won the series. All because they had more playoffs experience. This time, everything is the same.

Mavs in 7.

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

That's like the most common sense answer I've heard on this subject yet.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You guys who say the Warriors are "playing with house money", and therefore have no pressure, don't understand psychology. That notion vanished when they went up 3-1. If you honestly believe the Warriors will just be happy to have competed after losing in game 7 then you are wrong. If the Mavs somehow get a large lead in this game, don't be surprised if some GS players lose their cool again because of what could have been (in game 5). Getting over blown opportunities can kill a team. I hope that doesn't happen in this series.

12. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Mavs for sure. Season Expectations for Mavs? Finals/Championships or BUST Season Expectations for Warriors? Let's make the playoffs.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm certainly not saying there is no pressure on the warriors. i'm suggesting that pressure pales in comparison to what the Mavs are staring at tonight.

if the warriors lose, it's just another 8 losing to a 1. if the mavs lose...it's history and the very definition of a franchise and a couple of careers...and they've had a long time to consider that.

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Definitely more pressure on the Mavs. GS has been phenomenal shooting the ball this series. They're not afraid of the Mavs and match up with them well. If anything, their downfall may very well be that they become overconfident at home... but they have a veteran PG in Baron Davis who has been pretty much unstoppable. As long as he and Jackson doesn't clap during the game they should be okay. GS will close it out tonight.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I normally like your posts and/or agree with them. That said, I happen to disagree quite a bit on this one, and not that it means the world or anything, but I did graduate a couple of classes shy of a psychology degree lol. Anyway, I made a long post earlier in the thread that explains my view on the situation. Take a look (if you haven't already) and let me know what you disagree with, if you don't mind.

(and as someone else said, we're not saying the Warriors have no pressure...just that the Mavs have more)

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't see how this is even debatable. Golden State has NOTHING to lose. Absolutely nothing. They weren't even supposed to be here.

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Because the next game (game 7) after that was in Phoenix. And didnt the Suns come down from 3-1??

So sure, if Dallas wins tonight and the series goes back for game 7 then yeah, Ole mo is with Dallas. But game 6 hasnt even been played yet.

18. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

We can have a go at them next year. Seeing the Mavs lose to the 8th seed after a 67 win season is just too good to pass up.