1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More People Joining the Terrorists Thanks to Continuing Indiscriminate Drone Attacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mathloom, Dec 27, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Also, note the repeated attempt to paint terrorist actions (or the action of joining terrorists) as a "reaction" to an action by "the evil USA".

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...says-drone-strikes-make-them-stronger/275248/

These are your dollars.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Once again, Mathloon the Islamist is trying to paint terrorist actions as "just a reaction". Disgusting.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/w...state-dept-criticizes-drone-secrecy.html?_r=0

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Mathloom, didn't care for your mentality 30 years ago and I especially think it's crap now.

But this is basically a free board to comment on, so carry on with your bad self.

Btw, you....

1 person likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think people don't join terrorist organizations as a reaction to events that can and do include U.S. military actions?

For someone who's as obsessed with Islamic terrorism as you are, I'd think you'd seen that many admit that these things convinced them to join terrorist groups.

Now the difference is whether their reaction to those events is justified. I'd be with you 100% if you said that isn't a justified reaction to the American military actions. But to pretend like it would have happened no matter what the Americans did isn't accurate or in the realm of the real world.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

this.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should be more careful with drone strikes. What good is killing one terrorist if we are creating 10 more new ones in the process?

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The entire ignorant war on Iraq, Afhanistan and the Global War in Terrorism has led to more terrorism. Americans would turn to terrorism if some foreign power was doing this to us

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Ron Paul as talked about this for 20 years, it's called blowback

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Then you kill 10 more guys. Unless your option is to let Yemen fend for itself, because that's the "democratic" thing to do.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's clear that the U.S. is making mistakes with the drone strikes and hitting non-combatants. That plays into the terrorists hands.

Terrorists depend on hatred to recruit into their ranks. They depend on a sense that America is doing evil to their native land to "INSPIRE" others around the world to take action.

This isn't about morality, democracy, or anything other then serving the best interests of the country. I am all for striking down these fools wherever they might be. But to think that this war is ultimately going to be won by weapons is fool hardy.

You do not weaken a foe by making them more determined and helping them recruit more into their ranks.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Something I actually somewhat agree with you on.

14. Granville

Granville Member

Agreed

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If it weren't drone strikes they would find other reason to wage jihad. However this whole campaign is a waste of money. You kill one terrorist another couple pop up.

16. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It's completely unreasonable that someone would want to attack the people who are attacking them. It's really just an 'excuse' because all muslims are bloodthirsty butchers who hate our freedom.

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So, Americans accidently kill civilians when they were trying to kill a terrorist leader that was obviously traveling among the Yemen people. I'm just curious, but why is it so easy for high ranking terrorists to travel in Yemen? Do they not know that America and its people have suffered for acts these people have done to us (maybe they do but don't give a crap?) ? Yet they don't really care if they travel among them or not? Don't tell me they are so innocent and just go about their lives in a war torn country without a clue about who or what is going on around them? :rolleyes: Gimme an effin break.

If these folks are willing to turn to a known faction that bombs innocent civilians and uses cowardly fighting tactics to kill women and children, why the #$ck should we care if they're willing to join them after an accident where we were clearly trying to defend our country by preventing the deaths of maybe 1000's of our civilians? I guess they think it's ok that Al-Qaeda uses their country as the local hangout and we shouldn't defend ourselves as long as they're there? They're all innocent folks that have no idea of the killers they let slip around them...but now "suddenly" they want to join them. Hmmm, that just doesn't sound right. Obviously if it's that easy for them to join Al-Qaeda, these P.O.S.s know where to find these guys...and if that's the case, eff em all.

Mathloom, I know you're going to do your best to paint these folks as innocent civilians that just "happen" to know where to find Al-Qaeda and join them, and say how the US are a bunch of warmongers that are just indiscriminately bombing civilians, which is ridiculous. You know if we wanted to do that we could wipe that country off that map in a week. Don't you think we were actually trying to do the right thing and eliminate high ranking Al-Queda members while minimizing civilan causualities...or are you convinced the US is the evil empire just killing civilians for fun?

I'm just curious...what do you think the US should do to realistically eliminate the terrorists threats against our country? Myself and the US, I'm sure, are really curious to know the answer.

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

a very high proportion of people in the borderlands of Pakistan have no idea 9/11 happened.

i mean, it's not that surprising. quick primer---in the most information-rich country in the world, most people probably, for instance, don't know that Somali pirating has its' root causes in Italian government agencies aiding and abetting the illegal disposal of nuclear waste in Somalia---which has contributed to terrible injuries and deaths within the populace.

19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Fair point. Terrorism was born long ago, whereas drone strike a new on the scene. You have to wonder, though, what the end game is here. How can we curb the radicalism of the Muslim world? Dead innocent civilians do us no favors.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen that reasoning somewhere before.