1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Nonsense from TO - Planning to fail Physical

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kilgore Trout, Mar 8, 2004.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

So you hate Stevie and wish he was on another team?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

My advice to TO: Shut up, play football, and fire your agent.

Why is he blaming everyone except his agent for his current situation. The guy not only didn't file the necessary papaerwork but he was the one negotiating with Philly without getting the Niners involved.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why do you hate someone for wanting to play where they want to play. The guy is 30 years old, he's served his time. Personally, I'm surprised no athlete hasn't challenged the entire draft system to begin with.

4. Buck Turgidson

Because the union(s) won't let them. With good reason.

5. tozai

tozai Member

I think he should have the freedom to go where he wants since he was going to be a FA, but I don't understand why he wants to go to Philly. The fans there are a pain in the ass and I'd rather live in Baltimore.

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

He could have gone any where he wanted but his agent screwed up.
    TO could have been in Philly and since he isn't he's blaming everyone except the person he should blma, hsi agent.

PS- If he wants to work in Philly so bad, have him retire from the NFL and joing Jon Bon Jovi's arena team. THe NFL couldn't block that :)

7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

And so if Yao Ming says he only wants to play for the Lakers even though we have a contract with him we should just bend over and accept it w/o compensation. Either B-More or the 49ers would be screwed by dropping the player agreed upon rules and allowing him to go to Phily, how is that fair.

Seems to me the only option Phily should have is to now work with Bmore, see if they would trade him for 2 first rounders, which I think is the standard for Franchise players. Going to the Union to try to get a legitimate deal killed is bush league--but like we didn't know that about Owens.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually, I agree that his agent screwed up, and that is the first and foremost problem in this whole mess. I like most people don't like T.O. because of his attitude, and he should have to go where he was traded because the screw up came from his camp.

But I can't blame a guy for wanting to play where he wants to at his age.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

As much as I would love Owens to come and play for the Eagles I don't think it will happen. There I said it. :(

10. Chump

Chump Member

I don't hate TO personally and certainly not for wanting to play in Philly, I hate athletes would think they are above the game.

His age and experience in the league shouldn't allow any player to feel they are entitled to be above the rules.

His agent screwed up..but deadlines are put into place for a reason and they has to be a cut off at somepoint...that point was agreed upon by the players and the owners. He didn't file for FA by the deadline, so he is bound by his word, his contract....

Its like saying a TD catch by TO should count, even though he was out of bounds since TO WANTED it to be a TD and he is 30 so he deserves to have it count as a TD...well the rules say its not a TD so it shouldn't be a TD

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

While I would not say I trully "hate" him, TO comes to as close a person/sports figure I have never met nor never had any personal interaction with that I would use the word "hate" with.

Punk ass in every since of the word and a player I have no iota of respect for except respect for his physical abilities. Almost enough of a classless btch to not mind if he has a minor injury that keeps him out of the game-- but I just can't go there because that is not cool to wish on anyone sans murderers and rapists.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

People should still be treated with dignity. And as you would have them treat you. Which is what the rules are all about. It's why rules exist. They exist for decency. In this case, Terrell Owens is not being treated with dignity or decency. Which is what we all deserve no matter what groove you find the llama in. No matter how bad the person appears to be. He still deserves that shred of respect.

And yeaf, if Yao wants to walk because he was a free agent and turned his paper in a day late, I'd let him walk without compensation because I respect him enough to do that. He paid his dues with us. He played out his contract. Which is what Terrell Owens did. He's his own man. I'm not going cheat him out of something because he was a day late with his homework. There's no honor in that.

13. Chump

Chump Member

this has no relation to the realities of the situation at all

TO did NOT play out his contract in SF, he has 3 years left on the contract HE SIGNED!

he (his agent) did miss the deadline...a deadline is a dealine is a deadline

no one is trying to cheat TO out of anything, he was traded (approved by Players Union and the LEague) legally

TO is trying to cheat the system

14. mrpaige

mrpaige Member

He didn't play out his contract. It had an option of voidable years, but by not filing the paperwork, he made the choice to forgo voiding those years.

I live in an apartment. My lease runs out in February, but if I don't also give 30 days notice, I can't just leave without penalty, even though my lease is up.