1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More moderators on the forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Tenchi, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I know Clutch is really busy but sometimes I feel like the boards need more moderators. Maybe the mods are doing a lot of things in the background that we don't see but this morning I'm reading a krnxsnoopy's signature and it says this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jocar View Post
    But, but, but... he bench my Jelemy Rin!

Me can always angry in him!! :mad::mad::mad:

It's the internet. I don't know the dude or the original poster. I understand trolling to make a point but this is not that. I'm not even sure why someone would make that their signature. Like I said before if you wouldn't post something about another race why the hell would you think it's ok to post that about Asian people.

CF temporarily bans people like DaDakota who are harmless but who do talk about basketball. Yet nothing happens to offensive posters. Is there a warning or something? It doesn't make a lot of sense so I'm just wondering what the reasoning/method is. Can we give negative rep to people? Why is it only positive rep?

On another note, I understand how terrible the forums were when Lin was on the team and I think everyone is glad that they're holed up in the Lin thread. But why isn't that Lin thread in the D&D forums? There's hardly any real basketball talk in it anyway.

1 person likes this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'll nominate myself.

Everyone outside of the Clutch Community is banned until further notice. :)

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Naw, I don't have enough free time at the moment. Maybe later though.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I can moderate the eggball forums. I'll donate $$ to the tip jar to do that.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Because people will make more Lin threads in the Dish to talk about "basketball" if this one gets put into the D&D Forum

The Lin prisoner's island thread is doing its exact purpose, if you know it's a cesspool don't read it.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's his signature to highlight a racist remark made by the OP, in a form of shaming the OP. There were a lot of racist remarks made towards Lin when he was here, and there still are plenty being made. A lot of racism goes unmoderated around here, but I sort of prefer the uncensored free speech allowed here. You get a feel for who is racist and just learn to ignore them.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My nominees for the mod position are jontro, heypartner, daywalker... people that are stable and honest. Daywalker is a good night shifter.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hahaha. heyp as a mod. Yeah, not gonna happen.

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There's one name on that list that does not belong in the "stable" category.

A few more moderators could do this board some good though. Guys like "downbytheriver" have been trolling out of control lately.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Clutch and I are still negotiating terms. Be patient folks, I'll save you from yourselves soon enough.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Maybe he has sticky keys? Or dyslexic?

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I second this. But for real i'm down to do it. What type of benefits is clutch offering? Do we get media passes? someone give me the 411...

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

LOL first thing i thought of too. Heyp stable???? LOL

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I nominate Ronny/honey bear

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I can't speak for Clutch or any of the mods, BUT I think this is precisely why there is a report button available. We are to report posters/comments that are generally offensive and serve no purpose other than promote strife in CF's! I'm not sure how often they view these reports, but I'm pretty sure it's more often than we think!

Just report and wait, if you feel like you've been ignored then send a personal message to Clutch, from what I've seen he's a pretty reasonable guy! I strongly discourage any call-outs through the public threads, this is counter-productive in my opinion. As far as more mods, if Clutch felt he needed them, he would've added more by now.

1 person likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

You get a free T-Shirt. :cool:

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

A report button doesn't really do anything to supplant the need for more mods. There's only a couple of mods in every section and Clutch already has a crazy work load to be going through reported posts all day.

Obviously Clutch can do whatever the hell he wants and he's shown he doesn't want more mods. But it could help curb a lot of the childish outbursts and outright trolling that happens.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How about more report buttons?

1 person likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

How about more buttons to report?

1 person likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Lin thread IS the D&D section for the Dish and the GARM. Enter at your own risk.