1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Harden Gibberish

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, Aug 9, 2022.

?

Which would enhance Harden legacy?

1. Return to Houston

35 vote(s)
    92.1%
  2. Return to OKC

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

My buddies and I were discussing Harden's legacy a few days ago. None of us **** with him whatsoever but the topic of returning to Houston came up. Again, we all were against it 100%. But I mentioned that if he returned to OKC and won a chip, it'd be bigger than if he came back to Houston and won.. I compared it to LeBron returning to championship starved Cleveland but of course with a lesser impact because .. well he's LeBron! .. So I'm curious for yall opinion on this..

Scenario 1 : He returns.. He becomes Batman to Jalen Green's ( or whomever you prefer currently on the roster) Robin, or vice versa .. Stone makes additional roster moves or whatever .. He pretty much returns to the city that made him a star and wins a chip ..

Scenario 2 : He returns to OKC and brings a Robin with him . OKC makes additional roster moves. OKC wins their 1st championship..

Wont happen, but use your imagination . ...Which scenario would define this f***er's legacy more in your opinion?

#1 javal_lon, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Houston.

Bigger market and he played here longer than okc.
    More recent team.

Houston retired his number and he is considered or is one of the greatest player to Don a Rocket's unform, also see the thread about Rockets rushmore.

If u want to say where he would win to enhance his legacy the most. It would have to b tbe Knicks or kings. Any player who is able to come to those sht stain franchise and lead it to a ring will b basically considered a legend just for doing the near impossible

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

it would obviously mean more if he won a title in Houston compared to OKC…c’mon, that’s not even a debate

he spent 3 seasons in OKC as a bench player…Houston is where he made his name and broke records

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Whomever leads the Knicks to a chip will be immortalized for the next 25 years.. lol

But I agree after reading your 1st couple sentences.. I would change my opinion to Houston now. Lol

fckbandwagons and clos4life like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I feel you... But you don't think the whole Mid region would give him the Toronto Kwahi treatment tho? They'd probably shave his face in one of them hills or something... Look how they treating Giannis ..lol

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden legacy enhancer, this is assuming teams he had no relationship whatsoever but to the casuals.

1. Winning it all with a sht stain franchise aka Knicks or kings.

2. Winning it all with a team that never won it b4

3. Winning it all with Lakers, celtics, or any big market team that won it all.

For fans who put more stock into former teams and how that influence legacy

It would b
    1. Winning it in Houston, more years played and more stats put up, jersey retired.

2. Winning it in okc. Bench player, team that drafted him.

7. Asian Sensation

This bum ass choker couldn’t win a ring playing 5 seasons as KD’s Robin. Didn’t come anywhere close to getting it done playing next to MVP runner up Embiid. Had multiple chances at his best with prime Dwight and CP3 and didn’t get it done then either.

But you delusional rejects thinks he’s gonna win a championship as a 35+ year old Robin playing on a team with a bunch of kids?

Places where James Harden hasn’t won a Championship. OKC, Houston, Brooklyn, Philly.

Places where James Harden won’t win a Championship. All those places and everywhere else.

charlieaustin and Fulgore like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The point of the thread was to humor OP discussion about where would his legacy be greater if he won it all.

If u have nothing to add beside your usual anti harden BS, might as well keep posting on the Philly Harden thread.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Houston feels way more like his home then OKC, he was THE James Harden in Houston, he was a bench player in OKC, they didn’t believe in him enough to pay him and traded his ass.

10. Asian Sensation

Well I find humor in the thought of Harden winning it all. Sorry not sorry.

11. Asian Sensation

Speaking of Legacy I don’t think Harden drives a Subaru.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hence y I said there's no point in you being in this thread typing your anti harden bs when it doesn't apply to the topic.

Nothing to contribute aside from the same nonsense hate on Harden. Here's a simple tip for a hateful person like u. If the thread doesn't even have your opinion in the poll aka anti harden options, it's a clue that how u feel about harden sucking isn't necessary needed and isn't what the OP is looking for.

javal_lon likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if J Lin came back as head coach and Harden won a chip under Lin, that would be something

@tinman

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In theory, I think winning in OKC would be bigger for his legacy since they've never won.... but given that Harden is often the problem, I don't see him ever winning unless it's a situation like how Gary Payton technically won a championship with the Miami Heat.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

At this point he's prob more welcomed at OKC since they traded him while bum ass Tillman is known to take grudges.

Harden just needs a ring anywhere for any talk of legacy that doesn't begin with bum or choke.

javal_lon likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't expect Harden's game to age well. So by the time his run in Philly is over, I don't think he'll be able to be a major contributor to a winner.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good chance that ship has sailed already

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

People need to let Harden go.

Morey building the Philadelphia Rockets right now for Harden.

PJ Tucker, Danuel House, D Melton, Trevelin Queen.....

All he needs is Eric Gordon, Ariza and Capela and the vintage
    set is complete.

19. AXG

AXG Member

Harden is not a Batman anymore, probably not even a Batgirl

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

he should go to charlotte and win one being melo’s support. would make miguel jordan the first ever to win a championship in college, nba player, and owner.