1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

More Ad mischief

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by No Worries, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The only ads I'm seeing are Asian bride catalogs.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've noticed this too recently. I believe an ad network has been throwing in video ads (muted), which take up resources and slow things down. I'm working to block those. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 person likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not having any issues with ads on my computer, but I want to thank you nonetheless!
    This site is like a second home to a lot of us, and WE appreciate that you try to keep things running smoothly!

GO ROCKETS!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks Clutch, appreciate your efforts!

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this is specific to whatever ad network you would be using in Germany, but on my iphone, some ad windows open automatically almost every time I try to access the site, something with bgames.itouchservice.de or something. It's impossible then to actually read the BBS, it just auto-forwards to the ad site.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I as thinking it was only me. The ad performance has almost made this site unbearable to use. Even as I type this, my words are delayed between when I type them and when they appear in the text area input. And, it seems like I keep getting Shockwave Flash crashed failures as well...which I welcome because when that happens the performance problems go away...at least until I change pages. And, I actually lost my connection a few times using this site today and had to reset my router each time. I hope it wasn't this site doing that but seems suspicious.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

had stopped for a while...is back to this today. Seems like on the updated version of Chrome, they all came back or something

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is happening again with an ad for a kitchen exhaust hood.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Centerpoint energy ad and others (I Amsterdam) are autoplaying and causing browser issues (both Chrome and Safari). Scrolling becomes unusable and the page will bounce back to the bottom.

10. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Autoplay ads that automatically and repeatedly scroll to the bottom of the page are really annoying.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ugh I am having this issue with my work computer. It slows my browser down so much that I've pretty much given up on looking at CF at work.

Is there a way to disable adds or anything with audio from auto playing on Chrome/Windows 7?

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You can try Settings->advanced settings->privacy->content settings->plugins-let me choose, to see if that helps.

1 person likes this.
  13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I switched to CF Mobile. Don't really like the layout but no more mischief. I was able to browse last night without any issues at all.

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge +. Using Chrome.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm on a Galaxy 6, using Chrome and I just got 2 of those nasty popups/redirects that try to install "Antivirus". Not sure if it's me or the site. I was on the GARM main page.

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Seen the same in the past few days.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Thank you, I'm giving this a try. Some days are worse than others, but it got to the point that I couldn't type anything because it took 5+ seconds for the letters to appear.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

malicious ads are out of control. there's a hijacker now that gets any browser i'm on - phone or pc

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm getting the virus pop-ups too, on my phone and computer, and only on this site.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Pretty much cannot view clutchfans on my browser ever and very rarely on my phone. This batch of ads are incredibly malicious. It's just this site.

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

^^Yup. Me too.