1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mookie Blaylock on Life Support

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kwame, May 31, 2013.

1. SunsRocketsfan

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ous-condition-atlanta-hawks-oklahoma/2380671/

Looks like he has past DUIs. I dont feel bad for him at all..sucks how everyone is like prayers to mookie..damn i feel so bad for him..he was one my fav players, etc.. Well he seems like a big douche bag..he was most likely drunk again and MURDERED an innocent person...i hope he gets locked away for life.

Feel bad for the woman who lost her life and to her family and her husband

1 person likes this.
  2. SunsRocketsfan

Ok i may have posted too soon. Just saw he also has a history of seizures. I will wait for the police report before commenting further

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Which is why we were like "prayers to mookie... damn i feel so bad for him.. he was one of my fav players, etc.."

We don't know what happened. All we know with certainty is that some people were seriously hurt/killed. So instead of assuming the worst, we wished them all the best like any decent human being would.

Obviously if it turns out Mookie killed someone while driving drunk, he will be receiving less thoughts, prayers and sympathy.

#23 Williamson, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

When you assume...you know the rest.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, pretty much all auto accidents are the result of some kind of negligence or oversight; drinking too much in consideration of the length and traffic of the journey seems to fall under that category so I don't feel all that compelled to explicitly moralize the situation.

6. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

this made me really sad, prayers to him and his family, when i was younger i didnt understand why espn always made a big deal when an athlete passed...now that athletes i grew up watching are starting to pass, i totally understand

7. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

damn man, youre a harsh one

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was a Friday afternoon. How someone can immediately say that he must have been drunk is irresponsible.

btw: all you have to do is hit the right curb (swerving for a squirrel or bunny rabbit) to go into a fishtail of over-correction to get you into on-coming traffic. I'm sure the vast majority of these are not alcohol related. smh

9. albuster

albuster Member

Mookie always gave MJ's Bulls fits so I really disliked him for being such a good player. Now, I wish him and his driving victims the best and hope for their speedy recovery.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Damn. Poor lady and her family. Benefit of the doubt (seizures) till proven otherwise.

11. SunsRocketsfan

No usually when you see these types of news its alcohol related...

12. SunsRocketsfan

Also alcoholics dont care what time of day it is to get drunk.

13. SunsRocketsfan

Nope i must have no soft spot for assholes that are irresponsible and drink and drove and get innocent people killed... I almost lost a family member to a pos drunk

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heypartner has a good point. Let's not convict the guy until the facts are known. That's the way the system here is supposed to work, right?

15. Refman

The guy has a prior alcohol charge so now we assume that he is an alcoholic? That would be sprinting to conclusions.

16. SunsRocketsfan

I didnt mean in this case. Just saying in general...
    Also you guys are right. Im giving him the benifit of the doubt till the facts come out.
    Best wishes to those who were involved

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some decent human beings have past experiences with drunk drivers that.... affects their ability to have sympathy for repeat offenders.

Either way, it will be telling to see what the final report says. No matter what, an innocent person was killed and another person is on life support, and that's majorly sad.

18. Refman

Oh...I totally misread your post then. My apologies.

19. macho87

macho87 Member

I know he might be your all time favorite player but this guy had no business getting behind the wheel. Seizures, DUI warrants, suspended licence. He shouldn't have even been on the road, the woman wouldn't be dead today. F that guy and his irresponsible decisions.

1 person likes this.
  20. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Have this mans jersey in my closet. :(