1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie the Bank Robber's Contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, Oct 9, 2001.

?

How much is a Bank Robber (Moochie) worth?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2001.
  1. $4 mil avg per season

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. $3 mil avg per season

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. $2 mil avg per season

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  4. $1 mil avg per season

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. man532

man532 Member

Kudo's to Fegan for robbing the Rockets blind as we sign another point guard to a big contract. Are we still paying Bryce Drew, Maloney, and Brent Price.

Reasons why the Bank Robber isn't worth $4 mil a season GUARANTEED.

1. His shooting is not consistent, teams started to figure out his signature hesistation move going right and crossing over left.

2. His defense is average

3. There are guards in the CBA, IBL, and overseas that could give us the same amount of production for about $2 mil to $3 mil less.

4. Damon Jones is just as good as or better and would have come a lot cheaper than $4 mil for 6 frickin years. I'm grooming my 7 and 5 year old right now and they 4 ft, 3 inches and 3 ft 10 inches tall respectively and shoot better than Moochie

5. I didn't know Steve had that much pull without ever taking a team to the playoffs. Was he in on the Fato contract too?

6. CD is losing his mind and eyesight at the same time, was he watching Allen Iverson or Moochie?

I'm still loving the Rockets but not the decision.

2. RocksMillenium

1.) Teams haven't figured it out yet after 2 years, why would they now?

2.) So is most every PG in the league's outside of Gary Payton.

3.) If that were the case, why did we go without a true quality back-up PG until Moochie came along?

4.) Damon Jones isn't better, at least he hasn't shown it. You say Moochie's shooting is horrible, Jones FG percentage is much worse.

5.) Francis has that pull because he is the guy they're building the franchise around, and just because he didn't make the playoffs doesn't mean anything. Webber was 0-3 in the playoffs before getting to the Kings and had pull. Just because he got swept in the playoffs he should have more pull then Francis!?

6.) CD might have been blinded, blinded by the gleam off of his championship rings.

I wouldn't compare Moochie to Maloney nore Price because he hasn't been injured half or nearly year and stopped producing after 1 year. At least we know what we truly get in Moochie. As for Drew contract, his contract was paltry. Nothing wrong with what the Rockets were paying him, it was a low level first round rookie deal.

3. r-fan-since-81

Hey MAN,

Moochie was a necessity, to our championship runs.

Great job CD, getting the Mooch back! :D

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Member

Moochie isn't being paid $4million a season though, the base salary starts actually at under 3 mill.

5. man532

man532 Member

Gentlemen,

I can't believe that you are trying to justify this contract. He is a backup point guard and has not earned $23 mil contract. Forget where the contract starts, NBA MONEY IS GUARANTEED GENUIS!

I understand the 20 minutes per game, however, Shammond Williams who was resigned by Sonics is better than moochie.

In addition, CD was on the bench as an assistant when the Rockets were winning championship and had nothing to do with the players selected. Don't forget Bob Weinhauer.

CD has blinded you with the Steve Francis Trade, Cat, and Griff (if he produces), great deals.

Let's look at the bad deals, does anyone think we received fair value for snottie pippen (Walt, Fato, Augmon, and other throw ins).

Cato for $42 mil (has not earned one dime), MoTaylor $48 mil (averages less rebounds than Steve and plays horrible D), Rice $31 mil (has been hurt from day one and out of shape), Moochie $23 mil (a backup point guard at 6ft tall, the league is laughing), and are we still paying Maloney's contract? This is fact not fiction.

To quote Denzel Washington in "Malcolm X", "We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us"

Bottom line we got bambozzled and hood winked, check on the stats this year and watch the Maloney syndrome take affect.

6. University Blue

I dis-agree. Norris is a backup PG -- doesn't have the size to play bigger guards, speed to keep up with the faster ones, and strength/offense to break down playoff defenses.

While I'm being ugly...I didn't like the time it took to negotiate the contract, the amount of money being paid to a backup PG, and I don't like the hairstyle.

(How many companies will allow you to come to work with that hairstyle? In the words of one of our great contemporary philosophers, the Pet Shop Boys, "How do you expect to be taken seriously?")

Norris should realize that with more money comes higher expectations and more criticisms.

University (Was it worth it?) Blue