1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie and Cato are only clogs in the Rockets drain and.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Mar 31, 2003.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

T-Mo fans are the ones who must have seen something in him, during his Fr. and Soph years at Maryland. Since then, he has seriously regressed.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Well, if you don't back up your opinion with any substance, you're gonna get called out. Bring it hard or don't bring it at all.

You said "T-Mo can do alot of things well", yet you STILL havent said what those things are. Which leads me to believe you don't know what you are talking about

Let's see, you went from "T-Mo being a good role player," to "T-Mo could be a good role player."

Weak.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

No, I totally agree with you. Cato sucks. Yes, he is a good rebounder/shot blocker sometimes. But the guy is dumb, he will never become Ben Wallace or Rodman type of player. Those guys are way smarter than Cato. Cato should be eclectric shocked if he deciside to take a fadeaway turn around or whatever with more than 3 foot away from the basket.

4. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

I agree with you.

In the offseason, trade Eddie Griffin and Cuttino Mobley along with a 1st round draft pick for Elton Brand and Quentin Richardson. Waive Moochie Norris. And try to sign Jon Barry or Michael Redd. Signing James Posey would be good if he does not ask for too much. If we could somehow get Michael Redd, we wouldn't need to sign James Posey. Glen Rice will hopefully retire. Terence Morris, I actually like him. We should resign him for very minimum. Cato can be traded along with one of our bench players who have a little potential. There is a demand for Cato's in the NBA.

Steve Francis/Jon Barry/Tito Maddox
    Quentin Richardson/James Posey/Juaquin Hawkins
    Bostjan Nachbar/Glen Rice or Terence Morris
    Elton Brand/Maurice Taylor
    Yao Ming/Kelvin Cato

And also, new coach. If Rudy doesn't come back, we need to get an experienced coach who is at least GOOD.

But of course, nothing could happen.
    And we could still survive with
    Steve Francis/Moochie Norris/Tito Maddox
    Cuttino Mobley/Nobody
    James Posey/Glen Rice/Terence Morris/Bostjan Nachbar
    Eddie Griffin/Maurice Taylor
    Yao Ming/Kelvin Cato/Jason Collier.
    We can just hope that the team will somehow get better and find out how to use Yao.

If we HAD to keep this current team, I would at least get a GOOD head coach.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I like Griffin (and think one day he will acquire a consisitent mid-range game) but if the Rockets could really pull this trade off, my jaws would hurt so badly from smiling.

6. sun12

sun12 Member

I agree with your guys. Cato is a good backup center, he rebounds and defends, but he costs too much MONEY to keep aruond. Rox should trade him when his stock is high. Either bring in a quality player or save the money for free-agency.

Morris is expendable, but who will take him?

I hope Rox can sign a bruiser who can play both the center and PF positions once Cato is traded. This should allow the maximum flexibility on the C and PF positions, especially if EG does not improve next season.

I am disappointed with EG, by the way. Both Chandler and Curry improve dramatically this season. I have not seen EG done the same thing, plus he got all the playing minutes. A big disappointment. He should really work hard during the summer.

7. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Moochie is a clog! Cato isnt but his contract is too large for him! but since he's been playin so good so for now...............:cool:

8. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Actually if u look at last years min and this ones they've actually gone down! not that much but they've gone down!just thought I'd mention that:D but somebody made me realize that look where Curry & Chandler play at they don't have much competion! but Eddie's #'s and his precences need to be felt! I have a friend that is friends with one of the ball boys for the Rox and supposely he tells me that the Rickets perfer Eddie at the 3 pt line and thats where they want him to be! I dunno if its true!Im juss sayin!As I said Moochie needs to go AWAY! and Cato is good but not 4 that much money!OK!:D

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

There's something called a salary cap that would kind of get in the way.

As well as common sense from the Clippers side of things. Despite Richardson struggling last year, I don't know if they would trade him for Mobley.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great read...

We all agree that the Rox have room to grow and I think by getting the role players were everyone understands their role, we'll be on like Donkey Kong...:D

Mooch & Cato are a start, but I would ad EG...

The problem is who is stupid enough to take on those contracts...

11. sun12

sun12 Member

Some teams in the EC might take Cato. He is overpaid, but still reasonably overpaid. Moochie is a different story but his total pay is not that high anyway.

Among them all, EG is the most important because he is supposed to be the PF of the future. He actually got lots of playing minutes, averaging 24, 25 minutes/game. That's more than that of Curry and Chandler. It is not like that Rox is not giving him chances to play. For EG to grow, he has to spend more time than other players. Come to the practice one hour earlier and leave one hour late would be a good start. How's EG's work ethics? Does anybody know?

12. fanwq

fanwq Member