1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montage of bad cp3 takea prior to this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2k8, May 12, 2018.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Just saw this posted on 610 radio website, they compiled clips of guys like barkley, skip, kenny, predicting what a failure cp3 to houston would be. These same idiots are the ones prediciting warriors sweep or in 5.

Its satisfying to listen to but we all know that these numbnuts havent admitted they are wrong.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-triple-threat/3t-montage-of-bad-chris-paul-takes

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Fun listen

DonKnock, DreamShook and Mazulis like this.
  3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Funny when Barkley recently said this is the matchup we all knew would happened when the season starts

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

I haven’t heard anyone say they were wrong during the preseason. The narrative is always been that the Rockets and Warriors would meet as predicted in the preseason. Barkley and Kenny have said such on he air recently. No one wants to eat crow for their predictions much less than admitting why things have worked as it has with two ball dominant players. Dan Tony has mentioned it numerous times throughout the year, but media will always focus on what they want to fit their objectives.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

I think we covered all of ClutchFans favorite hot taek shows. ... The jackasses on TNT, Skip Brainless, Screamin' Stephen A. and of course CF favorite Max Kellerman.

Skip: Houston will be a little worse with CP3 than it was last year without CP3. (So no 3rd seed?) I don't think so.

Kenny: How to implement the skill set Chris Paul does have because right now the way it's currently constructed (Charles: It's not gonna work) his skill set is useless. (Charles: It's useless)

Stephen A.: Fact of the matter is you have had people question his leadership inside the locker room and what kind of effect that has had on a team.

Max: One of the greatest floor generals of all time it looks like and yet somehow the whole on every team he's been on seems to be less than the sum of it's parts. The only conclusion I can reach is what you say everyone has heard: there seems to be a joylessness about the teams he plays on. They don't seem to be having fun.

Charles: Chris Paul is a great player but he's not a stand & three shooter. James Harden is gonna play the way he plays. And Harden's not gonna stand out there & watch Paul orchestrate the offense.

Shaq: You expect Chris Paul to do better. The key for them is when he doesn't have the ball, is gonna be good at watching someone else have the ball & go to work.

Skip: I've called him CP0 as in zero rings because he's not a difference maker. He's not transcendent.

Kenny: I don't know if they'd ever admit this but I think they thought Carmelo was coming as well & then it made sense. When the trade went to OKC, it threw everything off. His skill set isn't needed.

Jason McIntyre: Chris Paul is gonna be a disaster in Houston. Harden is the PG there. Just had his best season of his career & now you're gonna take the ball out of his hands and give it to Chris Paul? Chris Paul has never played off the ball in his career. Chris Paul is a 32-year old PG with a history of injuries. Too old.

Skip: Houston was the surprise of the NBA last year & all of a sudden James Harden is about to become the NBA's unhappiest & most frustrated player. He just got demoted. He went to another cog in the offense. He's not gonna like it.

Brandon Tierney?: Indeed the Rockets are fun, interesting, exciting & dangerous but do not take them serious in the postseason. They are no threat to the Warriors and maybe not even a team like the Thunder. Chris Paul has a history of letting his team down and rubbing them the wrong way when the playoffs roll around. There's a lot of great teams in the NBA that could surprise us when the playoffs get here. Houston is not one of them.​

6. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

What a bunch of overrated morons! The problem, no one holding them accountable ,for the $!t they talk all year! It’s like weather channel before rain, 30/70 % of rain, meantime we getting foot of snow.

Still, I dearly think it’s all Nike talk!

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

The worst one is Kenny Smith. He’s out there interviewing for head coaching jobs. How can anyone actually take him seriously, he’s a joke.

I wouldn’t trust him to be manager at Burger King

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

the most damning part is when kenny smith said cp3's skillset is usesless to the way this team is constructed.

This is the same dude applying for head coaching gigs. He has no vision or creativity. I've said it before but I'll say it again, no one will ever hire kenny smith to coach in the nba.

EDIT: Although one of the talking houston dudes is wrong when he says the clippers were the 2 seed in 2015. We had the same record as the clippers but we were the 2 seed by virtue of winning our divison when the clippers lost the divison to GSW

#8 Daddy Long Legs, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Hakeemtheking, Zboy, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually in some way he was correct. When CP3 came back from his injury the Rockets began to play dramatically different from last season. They slowed down. Less transitions. Less Turnovers. Methodical style. CP3 didn't integrate with the Rockets. The Rockets integrated with CP3. And their new pieces integrated with CP3.

I think people are underestimating how much work D'Antoni, Harden, and Morey worked to ensure the team fit, because the Rockets did a lot of things to help work CP3 into the team. And it really isn't as simple as "two superstars lol clearly it would work." Just because it could work doesn't mean you don't need to work hard to make it work. Just look at OKC to see what happens when the players and coaches aren't smart enough to make it work.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

this is exactly my point about having creativity and vision as a coach. Cp3 has a skillset thats valuable to the rockets and dantoni found a way to make the rockets better by adapting to him.

Im not sure what you are disagreeing with me about. Kenny Smith was clearly extremely wrong when he said cp3s skillset doesnt make this team better

D-rock and macho GRANDE like this.
  11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

We really need to spam the TNT broadcast with tweets about this. That's the only way it will come
    I was beside myself when i started hearing this comment on TNT and all the other sports news channels. Not only did they not say this at the beginning of the year, (when everyone was picking the Thunder and Spurs to be significantly better) people were still saying the Thunder would be the real contenders around the all star break

We really need to spam the TNT broadcast with tweets about this. That's the only way it will come up in a broadcast

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s been saying this past few weeks. Kenny finally said something like, “well a lot of people were picking the thunder at the begging of the year and thought they’d be the second best team in the West.” I don’t think chuck responded.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

That's why I said he was "somewhat right." He diagnosed the problem, which did indeed exist even though I feel most fans here just assumed there wouldn't. But Kenny Smith couldn't see the answer. Well, that's why he pretends to be an analyst on TV and D'Antoni is one of the smartest offensive basketball minds of this generation.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sums it up.

It's ova. It's ova. Lock this thread!

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

So, Harden falls flat in multiple playoffs because "He has to do it all by himself. He's gassed!". Everyone and their dog had the same take: "Harden can't handle the ball every single possession! You have to bring in another playmaker!"

*cue Daryl Morey bringing in one of the best playmakers in the history of the sport*

"[Paul's] skill set isn't needed." - Kenny / Chuck

People have said a lot of dumb things about this pairing, but this is an absolute fvcking joke.

#16 ClutchCityReturns, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    burlesk and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

They ripped Kenny several new cornholes, deservedly so.

The only media guy who called it absolutely right, the Spider, has been completely blackballed in 2018 for some reason.

18. valorita

valorita Member

Ya, but what will MaxK say when Rox win the title and Lebron joins?

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kevin O'Connor from The Ringer believed in the Rockets from the get-go. He said the Rockets were going to win a ton of games, possibly the most in the league. The Paul-CP3 combo would definitely work, 48 minutes of hall of fame point guard play. The additional of versatile defensive wings in Tucker and Mbah Moute. He was heavy on the Rockets once the trade was announced. He's also picking Rockets in 7...

20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Thank god for recording devices. I enjoy hearing just how wrong these people are.