1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monster trade coming (joke)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bob Rainey, Sep 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Feel free to correct if I'm wrong, but didn't Fortson sign with GS soley based on them offering him the starting 4 spot?

Why then would they deal for another young power forward in Fizer? Do they also plan on misfitting him at the 3?

Jamison's a talent for sure, but does he even fit with the Rockets? Who's gonna man the 5 aside from Olajuwon? Jason "Charmin's tougher than I" Collier? With Jamison, Walt, and Langhi on board, where does Artest fit? Behind ShanDaMan and Mobes? Behind Francis and Cummings? Wasn't the 1.5 million exception ours to begin with?

Why would Chicago deal off both of its bright young stars and Artest for Dampier, Cato, and scrubs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they building towards the future? Aren't young, potential-laden bballers key compenents of this process?

This trade absolutely sucks for Chicago, ain't much better for Houston, and seems to only partially benifit the Warriors...

------------------
    It doesn't matter if I have a signature!

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Didn't Popeye say he is out of the country? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

By the way, I think that if the snowball navigated it's way safely through hell, then Antwan would be our starting SF.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

4. TB3

TB3 Member

Dammmmmm, this trade excites me. We have been hearing rumors about Drew, Fizer, and AJ for awhile. I think Chicago gets exactly what they need in this trade, Golden State would have lost A.J. anyway, and Houston is now one big man away from competing for the championship.

I hope this happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

5. Stone Cold Hakeem

Oh sweet Lord...

As if you haven't caused enough trouble, Occhiopadre, you're hittin' us with this...

Countdown to Warriors invasion....10...9...8...

We amuse you, don't we? Like children desperately groping for an ice cream bar dangled just above their heads by a sadistic father.

God knows if I were on vacation, toying with us lesser peons would be the last thing I'd do...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Stone Cold Hakeem (edited September 14, 2000).]

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Det The Threat (edited September 14, 2000).]

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

8. davo

davo Contributing Member

Finland?

Well if this deal comes off, it will be pretty hard to hide this guys identity, especially if he's high profile. Start scouring the web for news of any NBA figure visiting Finland!!

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Pops said he was going to Canada for 2 weeks, not Finland. This is just some Finnish guy who's throwing a bone out there, for us to fight over.

Where is Swopa, to debunk this trade? [​IMG]

------------------

10. TB3

TB3 Member

Who is Hanno Mottola's agent, and is that agent also the agent for any of the above players?

------------------

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Hoop T --

I think I intended to place him above us...if that makes sense...

Forgive my incoherance, I haven't slpet in days...

Anyhoo...

I thought Chicago solved their 5 problem when they imported those European dudes?

------------------

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hmmmmm, wonder what David Aldredge will say?

------------------

13. Thanos

Thanos Member

Mr. Rainey, just in case you really are Finnish and all, i would like to thank you for providing me with the opportunity of telling someone from Finland that Mike Hakkinen is an awful driver, and if he wasn´t driving a Mclaren he wouldn´t have a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning a championship. Schumacher is ten times the driver he is.

That being said, long live Ayrton Senna, the best F1 driver EVER!

Oh, and just to keep this post somewhat topic related, i think you´re full of it. [​IMG]

------------------
    "The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It´s Heaven and Hell!"

14. Bob Rainey

Bob Rainey Member

Two additional points-

1. Houston will not be done trading- look for a veteran big man to join the team. Also, I think the Rockets will have many options next year to improve themselves- FAs, trades, draft.

2. I am disappointed that I was tracked, and I hope we can part ways now without anymore investigation on your part. If I get in trouble for posting here, I can never share information with you again. This trade is 1 to 4 weeks away from happening, so let's keep it quiet.

It is time to sleep here in Finland, good night.

------------------

15. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

If Aldridge confirms it, then it's false.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Clutch Goons, Inc.

16. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Let's just say that this does go down. A lot of you seem concerned about what we will do at the center position.

First, let's say Hakeem actually makes it through a season without getting injured. Hey, it can happen! He's suffered enough for the past 5 years. Anyway, a healthy old Hakeem is still better than everyone except for Shaq, Mourning and Duncan. If he is healthy for the whole season then we don't need to worry about Cato. Collier will have time to ease into the position.

Now let's say that Hakeem get's injured again or is unable to get over his asthma problem. My first reaction is to panic because we will have no one to deal with Shaq and Duncan.

But then I think back to 1993, 1994 and 1995. We had the best center in the league, by far. He was dominant and NO ONE could stop him. Well, no one except for Seattle. Seattle had our number big time. Their defense and quickness ALWAYS got the best of Hakeem and the Rockets. I've always said that we were very forunate to not have faced them in the playoffs in 94 and 95.

Thinks about it. Every team in the West, it seems, is trying to load up on big men.

Why not take the Seattle approach and feild a team of quick, athletic players who can score like mad. We can have a team that is VERY solid at every position except for center, depending on Olajuwon's health.

A big difference, of course, is the defense. We have no Glove on our team but we do have the leagues leading shot blocker and we also have a coach who can teach excellent TEAM defense. If we have a group of guys who believe in each other and in their coach then we could very well have some good team defense.

Phoenix, for the past few years, have done pretty well with their "small-ball" line-up. Granted, they haven't been able to do much in the playoffs but then again they haven't had a line-up as good as the potential line-up that Bob Rainey is suggesting.
    Francis, Mobley, Anderson, Jameson, Taylor, Olajuwon, Artest, Cummings, Langhi, Thomas, Miller and Williams is one scary line-up.

You can't be deep or dominate at every position. We, of all teams, should know that having the best center in the game does not mean that you are invincible.

After seeing what we did to playoff teams at the end of last season I can;t help but get excited about what this potential line-up could do for us.

We can be that thorn in the Lakers side. We could be that team that frustrates them to the point that they just break down and abandon their team concept. We will, by far, have the best back court in the entire league. Shaq can't block every one. We would just have way tooo many small weapons for him to deal with.

If someone was actually able to neutralize Francis then they would have to worry about Mobley or Taylor or Jameson.

I've tried to not get excited over any rumors this year but dammit, I really like this one!

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!

17. TB3

TB3 Member

Where is the Golden State BBS? Have they heard anything like this?

------------------

18. Thanos

Thanos Member

It´s 11:27PM in Finland now, so i suppose that adds to his credibility as far as sleeping goes, at least.

Sure hope he catched that crack about Hakkinen [​IMG]

------------------
    "The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It´s Heaven and Hell!"

19. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Oh brother.

------------------
    "I talked about what degenerates they [Mets fans] were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms."

John Rocker

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I will not tell you who I am, so don't even ask. I love to read this forum, because you people are the best off season fans in the NBA.

You must go now.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel-boy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.