1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Monkeypox outbreak

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ottomaton, May 22, 2022.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yea I have no idea why but given that it’s transmitted through close contact, multiple partners make sense

the p*rn industry (network that can quickly spread) has a pause when someone come down with an std… something like that (stick with one partner) seem to make a lot of sense within the gay community (actually for everyone) during an outbreak

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For something to be deadly, someone has to die from it. In the US there have been 0 deaths. Not really sure what you mean by "home country"

Not sure why you label something no one is dying of here as deadly.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

by your idiotic definition ebola wasn't deadly until 2014.

tinman likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You might want to try putting on the logic hat before posting.

the STRAIN that is in the US isn't causing any deaths here.

That's because of 2 reasons. WEAKER strain, and BETTER health care than Africa. Maybe you mean Africa is your home country, so that's why you say it's deadly here in the US

It's sad how often posters like yourself resort to personal attacks when you are just dead wrong and know it...but instead of admitting you are wrong, you just get angry at the person pointing out the flaws in your argument.

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  5. Bandwagoner

you posted your test and definition for deadly. I applied it. Take it.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why are you so hung up on this? Vaccine mandates are not something you enter into lightly. You seem to be looking for a simple metric or threshold, but anything anyone comes up with would be arbitrary. That’s not how such a decision should be made.

I take it you understand that the severity and urgency of the COVID pandemic far outweighed what we are currently facing with monkeypox. You are concerned with vaccine mandates being imposed on a whim to control populations, and so you want specific measurable criteria to be established. I get that.

What do you think would be a reasonable set of conditions for the government requiring someone to be vaccinated?

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Andre0087 like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. SuraGotMadHops

This is basically an STD. Easily preventable, easily controllable.

9. Bandwagoner

I just wanted yalls opinion on it. There was to be some metric and threshold for clarity and fairness IMO. Otherwise it's arbitrarily applied.

I don't want covid or monkeypox.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, before your man date get vaccinated.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Please stop spreading false information.

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/transmission.html

It can be spread in a variety of ways. It's not just "basically an STD." Poor hygiene in general and avoiding close contact with anyone that could be contagious is key. That means catching it lets say on a ride a Disney world where you are sharing a seat and handrail with 1000 other people in a day. If someone is contagious and talking to you in close proximity, you can also be exposed via respiratory droplets.

Since this is a health matter I'd ask that you be more responsible in spreading lies, and misinformation. No this isn't a virus to hunker in your house forever about, but it is one that you should be informed of. Taking precautions like wiping down public surfaces seems like a good idea, and probably a good idea for restaurants to ask their employees to wear masks to protect them from any patrons that might be irresponsibly spreading their germs if talking to you close up, or talking over the food area at a place like Chipotle. This isn't the Alpha variant of Covid it looks like but it doesn't mean it's just something you can stigmatize the LGBTQ community with, and act like you have zero responsibility in society because you are a straight dude.

12. SuraGotMadHops

Its an STD. Homosexuals should just relax for two weeks to slow the spread and problem solved.

13. durvasa

The unfortunate thing is that by pointing out that it isn't just an STD and that non-homosexuals are just as susceptible to it if exposed, some might conclude that the best course of action is to steer clear from anyone who is gay (as they are much more likely to have it than someone who isn't gay right now). So that can also be stigmatizing.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't see it that way at all. If by saying that everyone can get it if exposed via poor hygiene, etc. then I don't know why that then stigmatizes the LGBTQ community. I don't understand why we have to avoid the facts, science, and data just because we live in a society where 30% of the population are fear mongered bigots. Those 30% of people are going to stigmatize everyone and avoid them anyways. I'm kind of done giving a crap about those people's lack of self care. I do care about them influencing the other 50% of people who might not read the CDC's findings, and stay up to date on the health reports coming out.

15. durvasa

Because if everyone can get it, that means everyone has to be concerned about being exposed to someone who is more likely to have it. And we know that right now, the people who are most likely to have it are gay men.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Zero deaths in the US, it's not deadly here. Spin away however

17. Bandwagoner

I've actually been bugchasing. No luck yet.

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. SuraGotMadHops