1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monkey on their backs: Rockets are 11-42 without T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2007.

1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Of course we are a better team with TMac. He's one of our star players. The person who replaces him in the lineup doesn't make the same impact. But if we had a second play-maker on the team that record would probably be much better. Morey needs to find that player. Until he does we are not going deep in the playoffs.

2. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I run out memory and..... Patience too.

3. eatsleepdrink

eatsleepdrink Member

Actually it doesn't necessarily mean Tmac is a great player, the record only indicates how pathetic the Rox offence has been in the past few years. This team never has a consistent third scorer, and Tmac is the only legitimate outside threat. He is also the playmaker because Rox has no decent PG as well. You take him away without replacing anybody even half decent the team will definitely lose.

4. Fuse

Fuse Member

Are you kidding me? I thought he made all the right plays to get us the win even though his shots didn't fall. His fts, his blocks, and his passing. What more do you want from him tonight? If anything, I think you've made the wrong choice in using this game as an example.

And for the record, he did do other things to impact that game... 25 + pts, 19 rbs, and 6 assists, on only 2 T/O.

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

Come on. Just ask any other team to cut their salary cap by $20million, if they all become a better team, I'd admit the conclusion.

6. Fuse

Fuse Member

that's like taking away all the role players on the Heat, since Wade and Shaq eat up more than half the cap.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Give them time, they will be better without TMac.......let them grow with 5 unselfish sharing the ball teamates.....

DD

8. yogagreenstone

I think the role players have played a great game,and I prefer this to with Tmac they do nothing but watch him jumpshoot and just run from one side to the other.

9. Fuse

Fuse Member

I think we should bring T-mac off the bench :D

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

It's funny to put your boy TMAC's name in the same sentence with the word "win". You know he's the world famous Mr. 1st round, don't you? Oh yeah, don't tell me that he can't pass 1st round because he has a lousy Yao as his teammate. Shame on you. By the way, talking about TMAC's leadership, he has leadership? My ass.

11. stanley'shead

stanley'shead Member

This team did much better without Tmaclady,they earned double OTs. Why
    the blind shooters always missed the shot when Yao got doubled even tripled and they got no one defence??!?!?!?!!?!?!?WHY?!?!?!Why the garbage got 20millions a year always pretend to be injured and quit games?!?!Garbage.THat's it.
    Like his bro VC,they are just showmaker not the playmakers,they are nothing,nada,zero for a team with a heart 4 ring.

12. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Yao hit the winning shot in that triple overtime win over the Hawks. Yao also won the shootout against Arenas by scoring 25pts in the 4th quarter in that Wazards game last year after Tmac went out with injury at the half.

Look at this way, Tmac makes $20mil a year, take him out, who is the second best player on this team??? Bonzi???? If we use that $20mil to get two or three quality players and put them along side Yao, things would look much better.

13. samick

samick New Member

But we didn't saw his courage when he was healthy , maybe he just didn't got them !

14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Bench tmac or put him in inactive list for at least 5 or 6 games to see how our players do on the consistent basis and how ricks offense kicks in without tmac. If ricks offense gets better and players are more active (like tonight) and we see improvement then well... theres your answer! and if it stays the same or hurts the new offense then well... theres your answer!

Tmac's excuse for not getting MRI done is BS!!!!

15. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

LOL! I know its the in thing to rail on tmac this days, but our "good loss" was against a dysfunctional Nuggets team, literally begging us to blow them out. If team mates stay this active with tmac on the court, we are going to be red hot.

16. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

ditto.

but if only it were that simple. sigh.

17. Panda

Panda Member

11-42 means that 20 millions dollars of talent worths a lot to the Rockets.

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

The main problem of the team past few seasons is the SAME! Outside of T-mac there are none playmaker(Brooks is looking decent hopefully he can play more minutes to get experience), outside of T-mac this team has ZERO athleticism beside Synder who is sitting on the bench.

In today's NBA, without playmaker and athleticism you just cant compete. Look at Yao, Hayes, Shane, Head, Alston, Scola, Bonzi, Mutombo, these are the players who played yesterday, all have either ZERO or LIMITED athleticism! Worst still, all of them seems to struggle to shoot jumpers at the same time! You just cant win this group of players. PERIOD!

19. Zfan

Zfan Member

Those numbers tell us rockets would win more games if our 20 mil baby didn't fake injure. That's all.

20. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

that facts show that who's most important asset to the rockets from a basketball stand point and therefore it's only justice that player should not be the one being traded. and remember one day yao's gonna make $20 million too and rockets will get less return if they keep the wrong player.