1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monitors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DudeWah, Apr 2, 2010.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So, I am trying to purchase a monitor that I can use for gaming/entertainment. Sadly though, I know nothing about monitors/tv's. I was hoping some of you electronics experts could chime on in what the best deal is. I have heard Samsung is a great company to look at when purchasing a monitor.

I want something that I can use to hook my 360 up to as well as my laptop. I'll be using HDMI cables, so compatability with that is a must. Other than that all I know is that it should be 1080p. I don't know what any of the other specs mean whatsoever. I think I want something between a 24 inch and a 32 inch. It's going to be in my room so there wont really be that much room.

Budget is 500 dollars.

I think I found a few that could be decent:

http://www.buyersedge.com/product.php?id=7470&ref=Buyersedge_Froogle

http://www.buy.com/prod/samsung-p25...-000-1-dc-2ms-1920-x/q/loc/101/211245493.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002DHS398/ref=nosim/6580890-20
    <br>
    The first one is a bit out of my buy range, but if it is spectacular, why not....

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm reading this on an HP LP2475w. It is a 24" IPS display, the same type as the new iPad, except better and bigger (bigger being better!). I love it. All the games that I play look beautiful and I haven't noticed any issues with input lag. You can view the screen from all angles and it still looks good. It was worth every penny I shelled out, and was under $500. Non-glare screen. Beautiful!

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Your manner?

1 person likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    So, does it have all the usual input/output slots and is it 1080p?

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i got a free ASUS 24" 1080p monitor when i purchased an entertainment desktop 4 months ago... i love it; all sorts of inputs, only neg is that there arent built in speakers

i've been eyeing a HP brand to replace my acer 22" monitor... here

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, at least everything I need. :)

8. Southern Select

Blive it or not Sears is having a great sale right now no tax and online price-matching. I got this bad-ass 27" for $320

[​IMG]

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    haha oh the backlash.....