1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moms :rolleyes:

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Toast, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Toast

Toast Member

So I just got off the phone with my mom. She called me all excited 'cause she just bought a new car ('05 Camry for those who are interested).

Of course, I ask her about all the features, and you know, mom's aren't that into the latest stuff so she's like, "yeah, it has the power locks and the power windows, and it even has powered seats," blah, blah, blah.

Then, as any smart son would do, I ask, "So, did you get a good deal on it?" She says (VERY nonchalantly, mind you), "Not really. I just paid what they were asking for it."

So she goes on and on about this, that and the other, and all I can think about is, DAMN! If Mom's gonna be throwing $$ around, how's about you give to your ole boy Toast and not Johnny Sleazy Salesman?!?!

Moms :rolleyes:

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

All she had to do is say "so and so over at such and such dealer offered it to me for ($2k less than what their asking)". It's one sentence, MOM, to get them to drop the sticker price!

She is a car salesperson's dream customer. All you had to do was visit and go with her. You could have made a couple grand. Sheesh. MOM!!!! HOOCHIE MAMA!!!!!!!!

3. Toast

Toast Member

That's what I'm saying!

God, I hope she didn't buy rust-proofing and accept shipping & storage fees. But I have my suspicions.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Never kill a mom's excitement. :)

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I pity da fool who kills his momma's excitement!

[​IMG]

6. drapg

drapg Member

Mom's and rolleyes should NEVER be in the same sentence!!!

Love yo' momma's fools!

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

:D :D :D

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

9. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That's what I did. Have the dealerships battle it out. When the price is right, make the drive.:)

11. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Hahahaha.... The other day at work, I actually caught one of the single dads at the school calling some kid's mom a milf! HAHAHAHA! Dude, it took everything I had not to bust out laughing.

And I refuse to be a typical doormat female when it comes to buying cars. If I'm going to drop big money on something like that, you'd better believe that I'm going to argue the hell out of the price!

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hahahaha.

WHat a strange thread.

Man, something kind of embarrasing happened tonight.

I was at the local bars, and some chick was standing around wearing a shirt that was cut down the middle (had a slit) to her belly button.

And, well....so there wasn't much there to keep her in it. anyways. I was looking around (combing the crowd) when my male radar picked up some clevage (sp is wrong...give me break...tired and yeah) so I rolled my eyes over to take a peak and realized she was out of her shirt, and so I immediatly looked at her face and realized she saw me looking at her and apparently she got the idea I was looking at her the whole time. Made me feel like a perve or something, even though that is not what happened. I had the feeling she was talking about me to her freiends, but eh. what ever. I was with 5 other ladies myself. so forget about it. but she had some fine ass tities. :D

okay, I just did my late night rant. peace.

oh....and that milf post by KAM had me spitting my water on my desk. ;)

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I had a tough time buying my first car years ago because I couldn't comprehend the sticker price, blue book price, what I should offer, financing....basically I was totally clueless about buying a car.

Then my Dad made it very simple for me.

He asked me..."when you go into a guitar store to buy a guitar, do you ever pay what they are asking for it?"

I told him of course not...I bargain like hell and only pay what I think it's worth.

He said..."multiply that 20 or 30 times, and that is the way you should buy a car".

Bottom line....have your figure in your head on what YOU want to pay for the car. If the salesman does not accomodate you, simply walk away.

14. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, I figured it was over & done with. Don't get me wrong. I didn't go off on a tyraid or anything. I told her it was too bad she didn't haggle the price at least some. And she said, "Yeah, but I just wanted to get a car that day and they had the one I wanted." So I left it alone and we talked about how much she's gonna enjoy having a new car. More power to her.

(I still feel jipped out of a couple G's, though.) ;)

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

But you want the under coating, right?

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Man, don't be mean to your MOM.

Let me call her... I have a CAMRY 2003 Myself. The newer ones look swoo-eet, but a MILF in a CAMRY looks SWEETER, eh, "Finchie"?

Great stories, dudes. Uprising, where are CAMERAPHONES when you need 'em, eh?

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

lol, i had a camera phone but i was struck in awe......

sorry about the hijack.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

"alot of Brooklyn Heads still live with their moms"

19. Cesar^Geronimo

how lame....

being able to turn your Mom buying into a car into the money should have been given to me.....

Did you ever see that Mad TV episode where the woman teaches people how to take any situation and make it about themselves.

You've succeded

20. Toast

Toast Member

You just don't get it.