1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Momma...there goes that coach!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GranvilleWaders, May 3, 2016.

1. GranvilleWaders

I really would like the rockets to get Mark Jackson as head coach. It seems the kings are already interested. I believe he helped lay the foundation at the warriors org for what is going on there. Why hasn't jbb already been fired ?
    It's a matter of time before I say..momma there goes that coach!!

2. MistaK

MistaK Member

As far as I know, JB is not under contract, hence doesn't need to be fired! He will likely get an interview once they start that process though.

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

A team he has left won the NBA the very next year. A team became the best in the history after he got fired. A stubborn coach who refused to play green over David lee even when injured his hamstring during the playoffs. What do you like about him?

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

agree 100 percent. I want no part of that dude.

5. GranvilleWaders

His first year with the warriors they had 22 wins
    His last year they had 55
    They acquired/drafted curry,green,Thompson during his tenure
    He has a no nonsense type strong attitude this team needs
    Greens play in 2013-2014 dictated his involvement when Kerr took over Lee was already injured.
    Green played 20+ minutes his last year with Jackson.
    Steve Kerr wins championship in his first year?!.Humm very rare indeed.
    I think jackson set the table and Kerr (admittedly did a wonderful job) making the meal.
    I would like him here!! If not him the who? Gotta start this process now!!

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dunno brehs, I think JBB is about to turn the corner for us.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/umDr0mPuyQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As many people mentioned here, the guy couldn't win with the best roster in the league. Nobody on the Warriors even speaks highly of him today. I think management couldn't stand him and viewed him as a bible-thumping phony.

He was holding them back. Do not want.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I seriously can't figure out why we would hire Jackson rather than keep JB.

Jackson did almost nothing to make the Warriors what they are. Their defense, offense, player development was not special in any way, just a run of the mill job he did there. On top of that, he ran out of ways to improve.

This is exactly what JB could offer this team with a clean slate, and no one wants JB as coach.

We need the Kerr not the Jackson. The Warriors could have gone with a known commodity, like many are advocating here. Instead they went with Kerr and bet big money on his potential. That paid off.

Who cares about the difference between an 8th seed and a 4th seed. We need to find the coach who MIGHT make us the #1 seed.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Any chance we might pry away Jim Carrey from Dallas? Maybe if Dirk retires and they go on rebuilding, Jim might leave.

10. hakeemthagreat

Lol. The won 23 his first year, 45 the next, then 51 his last year. If that's not improvement the sky really isn't blue

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Sounds like Kevin McHale.

Those numbers are not an indication that Mark Jackson is not incredibly mediocre.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The biggest thing he did was change the culture and attitude of the team...

They were really bad before he got there.. Not only on the court but also in the locker room.

I like Jackson, because he will not put up with crap from the players... Hopefully he has learned his lesson from the past on dealing with the front office.

T_Man

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hear he leaves a trail of rooted people
    Mesmerised by just the sight,
    The few he touched are now disciples
    Love as One, Mark Jackson is the Light...

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I think Vogel will be let go.. this makes tones of sense.
    Morey is quite familiar with him.. He preaches defense (Which we need)

Eventhough the Pacers would be stupid to let him go, but Larry Bird is not
    giving Vogel any word of confidence as of now. If i was Vogel i would feel so much disrespected

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not my first choice. But because Harden is on this team, Jackson has to be considered. Just look at the effect that Kelvin Sampson had Harden while he was here. I think Sampson and Jackson are cut from similar cloth.

16. chandlerbang21

They are looking for a pushover coach that will throw away his own system and play Morey Ball. Jackson will not be considered as well as any other strong willed coach

1 person likes this.
  17. MONON

MONON Member

I really love the "what did you do for me yesterday" attitude here. The Rockets increase their wins 4 straight years ending with 56 & the WCF with McHale. But a 4-7 start & 80% of the board's calling for his firing & he is.

Jackson goes 23, 45 & 51 (thanks hakeemthagreat), but you don't want him because he didn't take the team to the chip.

It's sooo negative 'round here, that some of y'all have resorted to using double negatives! Hey, Mathloom.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

That's simply not true. There were different players when he got there, and the ones who are still around were children. They were not near the maturity level and motivation level that they should have been after year 3. Steve Kerr changed that over one summer, within a few months he improved them more than Jackson had done in two years.

If anything, Jackson created the wrong kind of outdated overly macho overly superstitious attitude in a locker room full of millenials.

On the court they played hard for him, and those coaches are a dime a dozen. The ones who can make you play hard for a couple of years by yelling out motivational slogans during practice, timeouts and interviews.

He will not put up with crap from players is pleasing to hear after the season we just had, but in earnest I know it's just code for ignore what the players feel and think. That's what happens to these coaches. I don't want that.

I can't make the NBA into the NBA I used to know and love. I know the NBA is a different game and the players are fundamentally mentally different than I am and we are. But we're not trying to win the battle of the generations, we're trying to win an NBA championship so instead of trying to hammer the millenial out of a millenial, we should be trying to find ways to beat the best teams for 10 years.

19. hakeemthagreat

Numbers don't lie. Mark Jackson's numbers don't resemble anything mediocre

20. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member