1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Momentum shmomentum

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by macalu, Jan 7, 2012.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

like i've been saying, it's overrated.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

yep, the rest definitely helped. :)

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I'll show up to say I was wrong, sort of. ;) During a good part of the first half the Texans looked more like the team that lost three straight than the team that won seven straight. Conventional wisdom is, that if you "back into" the playoffs you are sunk. Watching the Bengals run up and down the field, I thought, oh no, I was right. The drive with the Foster TD to tie encouraged me, but then the Bengals seem to move at will. AND THEN, the Watts interception and TD. Folks, that was the game winner. Mentally, the team seemed to build on that and the rest is history. Now I hope they won't celebrate like they did after the last Bengals game. Because you can't lose three straight in the playoffs.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Denver Broncos say hi. I believe they also lost their last 3 regular season games.

#4 macalu, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, I was right too, momentum doesnt mean anything.

Broncos and Texans lose their last 3 games, but won their playoff game.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thank you, kind sir.

That is all.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This isn't true, a); b) the Texans did NOT back into the playoffs. Their seventh consecutive win clinched the division and, more or less, the 3rd seed. They didn't need others to lose; they didn't need to beat a team resting starters its final week or playing rookies.... They won 10 games and *earned* it.