1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect ID’d as Cristhian Rivera, 24, living in US illegally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Aceshigh7, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

No, it's generated by the USSC. Yes, they put that info on the bottom.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

The girl I went to prom with ran over an illegal immigrant when leaving a bar drunk in college. She did a hit and run and the police were able to follow her to her apartment from a plastic and blood trail left from the incident.

A few years later she’s out on parole working at a massage envy in webster I believe.

I guess liberals didn’t care because she was white and the victim was brown.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bottom of what?

Here is the citation used in the first table you linked:
    SOURCE: This was produced using the U.S. Sentencing Commission's Interactive Sourcebook (isb.ussc.gov) using the Commission's fiscal year 2015 Datafile, USSCFY2015.

4. Bandwagoner

I feel like you've gone JayGoogle at this point. I'm 100% fine with that.

5. fchowd0311

"SOURCE: This was produced using the U.S. Sentencing Commission's Interactive Sourcebook (isb.ussc.gov) using the Commission's fiscal year 2015 Datafile, USSCFY2015."

That first table you linked wasn't authored by the USSC.

6. fchowd0311

Look dude. You smell of bullshit right now. You link me a table. I ask for the source of the data. The source you provide is a report that does not include the data from your original table you linked. You don't include a link to the original table. What am I supposed to conclude from that exactly?

#66 fchowd0311, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  7. dmoneybangbang

The GOP controls all 3 branches of government, what’s stopping them?

8. dmoneybangbang

I repeat the GOP controls all 3 branches of government.... they sure like talking about illegal immigration.... that’s about it.

The rubes haven’t figured out the GOP loves illegal immigration.

9. dmoneybangbang

Lol. No source huh?

10. Bandwagoner

Conclude 48.8% of kidnappings were done by non citizens? That sounds even worse than 30.2% were done by illegal aliens.

Geez, I think I want to get rid of these non-citizens. You've changed my mind.

11. fchowd0311

I thought you are an educated STEM man. I'm assuming you took a stats class?

You think a sample size of 20 immigrants sentenced for kidnapping out of millions of immigrants for the fiscal year of 2015 provides some sort of profound conclusion of the impact of immigrants in this country?

Why move goal posts now? Where did you get that original table?

12. Bandwagoner

It was conclusive enough for you to dispute it for 2 pages.

according to this forum I'm a troglodyte.

It was linked in a politifact article back when I was having this same argument in the cruelty thread. they edited it out. It's real.

13. fchowd0311

Why not post the politifact article in the first place? Knowing that I'm a lefty, I wouldn't believe politifact would post a a fabricated table. Can you post that politifact article or did you like save that table on to your hardrive?

Also, You really want to judge millions of people based on at most 20 cases? You really want to play that game?

I also noticed that 43 number for total kidnapping sentences far into this back and forth. If I noticed it eariler, I would have dismissed your baseless out of context conclusion much earlier. I thought we were discussing cases that were in the thousands not twenty total including legal immigrants.

14. Bandwagoner

It was their google drive link. We've already established many times you think this is fabricated. I already accept that. I have now moved on to the bigger issue of the 48.8%. A number we can both accept. It's inconceivable and obviously fabricated 30.2% were illegal aliens to you, so lets just get the numbers we all agree on. I'm now in favor of stopping all immigration. Possibly even tourist visas. If they were from a friendly country, they wouldn't need a visa. I can visit scotland and ireland with just a passport.

the important thing is we have a president who is willing to ram this home and use it politically to make changes we need.

[​IMG]

yep

15. fchowd0311

You are going to generate conclusions from percentages of 43 cases from a population of 330 million people. Dude... I know you aren't dumb.

It's their Google drive file? What? I'm assuming they used the table in an article? Can you post it?

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. Buck Turgidson

I think murder is bad.

Not sure what yall's other 74 posts are about.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Mexicans are the new Arabs. They don't know it, but they're discussing whether Mexicans are worse than murder or not.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Murder is bad. What’s your point?

Oh wait... it’s done this time by “AN ILLEGAL”... do something about it then. Your tribe runs all three branches of government.

But no... you guys don’t actually want to legislate and work with Democrats on immigration reform. Instead you applaud abussive tactics like separating children from their parents for a misdemeanor, and yell about it as a political red herring to rile up your racist base of voters. Two years and the GOP has done nothing productive to work towards true immigration reform. That’s the truth.

Eric Riley likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here is your cape

[​IMG]

Rocket River